• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Haloperidol and using it to get off opiate withdrawal

Delmonte421

Bluelighter
So, ive been trying to get off opiates for awhile and when I was in the ER yesterday for my stomach pain from withdrawals and they have me morphine, zofron, and haloperidol. The halodol worked wonders for my stomach and am wondering if this has to do with the serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain and stomach that made me feel much better..... can halloo be used to combat the stomach issues I have when in withdrawal?
@Fertile What do you think?

Haloperidol is a medication that works in the brain to treat schizophrenia. It is also known as a first generation antipsychotic (FGA) or typical antipsychotic. Haloperidol rebalances dopamine to improve thinking, mood, and behavior.

You're lucky, I instantly required akineton after they gave me 1mg of haloperidol because I developed dyskinesia. Look at the vast list of receptors in the Wikipedia pharmacology list this stuff antagonizes. One would think that dopamine levels were already low in withdrawals but this is an oversimplification. Yet I think ondansetron or MCP (a mostly peripheral D2 antagonist) would be better suited but I know that for some people haloperidol works.

yes it def worked for me yesterday and I was researching a little about the mechanistic reactions and how the body metabolizes it..... very interesting... one of the first antipych drugs that has SO MANY uses other then what it was originally approved for. Yea I also ways have SERIOUS stomach issues when ever im in withdrawal and don't have kratom or don't wanna take subs.

You're lucky, I instantly required akineton after they gave me 1mg of haloperidol because I developed dyskinesia. Look at the vast list of receptors in the Wikipedia pharmacology list this stuff antagonizes. One would think that dopamine levels were already low in withdrawals but this is an oversimplification. Yet I think ondansetron or MCP (a mostly peripheral D2 antagonist) would be better suited but I know that for some people haloperidol works.
wow thats quite the cocktail of drugs needed to stabilize you

My personal experience with haloperidol is that I felt like someone had just taken all the good things in life away. Extreme dysphoria. I would never take it again unless I'd be facing acute psychosis.

really? it made my stomach immediately feel better and I think it has to do with the dopamine levels and my serotonin levels but once again I have no publication or research to prove it, just what I felt

You got it I.M. right?
Taken orally it rarely ever causes it.

I think taking haloperidol for opiate wd’s doesn’t make much sense, using quentiapentine or olanzapine as K.O. drug would be more useful but anything capable of causing boiling blood feeling combined with already bad WD’s sounds like a bad idea.

I got it IV believe it or not
they loaded me up on shit but I didn't tell them I was in withdrawal, I just said I had extreme stomach pain