Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Hallucinations that made me question reality

XRufio84X

Greenlighter
Substance: Wellbutrin SR
Dose: 800mg

I want to share what happened so that NOBODY will ever do this. While on Wellbutrin a couple months ago, I found info online that if you take around 600-1000mg of Wellbutrin, you have insane hallucinations, both auditory and visual without having to close your eyes or be in complete darkness like with DXM. I was intrigued because I used to love Hallucinogens years ago. Anyway, I took 800mg and 3 hours later everything was moving and warping into different shapes. I heard people talking and having real conversations like they we're sitting right by me. Colors were everywhere and everything was in High Definition 3D. I felt insanely euphoric! Complete, perfect happiness and contentment. It was the best experience with ANY drug I've had and I've done a lot in my lifetime thus far. The trip lasted 30 hours! Insane! So, I was eating dinner the next day, still felt very euphoric and out of nowhere, bam! Seizure. My mom was the only one home and has told me I looked like that girl from the exorcist, having very crazy convulsions. My eyes completely rolled back where you could only see white and it lasted close to 10 minutes! She was absolutely sure I was going to die. I should be dead, at the very least have permanent brain damage, Serotonin syndrome, Psychosis, Schizophrenia, etc...How stupid and naive of me to think everything would be okay taking that many. I was a naive fool who impulsively, not thinking twice about it, popped the pills. That all said, please PLEASE everyone, don't ever abuse Antidepressants. Like I said, I don't wish this on anybody. I really hope this will maybe help somebody considering to do this to not even try. Anti Depressants are something I/you should never mess with. Everybody be safe. :\

why didnt you crush up and snort a pill? thats the correct way to abuse wellbutrin

How stupid was I to think taking that much of an Anti Depressant wouldn't have any bad side effects and would lower my depression?! I actually ended up having a seizure 2 days later and brought to the ER! I was eating dinner with my parents (Thank God they were there) and then got up, went to the fridge and don't remember ANYTHING until I was half way to the hospital, on a gurney in the back of an ambulance. My mom was quick enough to catch my head but I have bruises and almost cut my little toe off having it lodged under the fridge. I COULD HAVE DIED!!! I'm quite ashamed of myself. I hope this helps/helped somebody who has thought of or is thinking of taking anti depressants to hallucinate or get messed up. Wow...what an eye opener. I don't want to imagine what would have happened had I been by myself...One more time...Do Not Mess With Anti Depressants. Everybody be safe and we all need to remember how easy it is for one to be taken from this world. To be here and then...gone. :( It happened with my little brother on a Heroin overdose at 21, February 11th 2011 last year....life is precious. This trip report has been brought about to hopefully...prayerfully WARN and DETER others from doing something similar. Peace all

wanna join me?

Dude. I hear ya. Even though I KNEW the major side effect of wellbutrin was seizures. I still did it. Started when I had one grand mal seizure, but I just thought it was from stopping Topamax cold turkey-topamax reduces and helps control seizures-sooooo while on the wellbutrin with topamax, everything was cool. Topamax got cut off-seizures start happening. Why? Because it's the no. 1 side effect of wellbutrin. Got more grand mals and of course get sent to the hospital. I find out I lose my licence for at llleasttt 6 months. Turned out to be a year and 3months. I get home from the hospital. I was very upset. Uncontrollable emotions took over. I grabbed my wellbutrin bottle and downed 14. They were 200 mg E.R. trippy night. Seizures lasted all through the night. Made my waterbed sway and rock and wiggle. I saw
kaleidoscopes all night. Morning comes, I have a seizure. But my parents see. I had to fess up and then I got shipped off to the Looney Bin. you wanna join me? YAAAY FOR WELLBUTRIN!!! not.

why didnt you crush up and snort a pill? thats the correct way to abuse wellbutrin

Forgive me for editorializing,

but there IS NO CORRECT way to abuse wellbutrin.

It's not a recreational drug. With all the wonderful stimulants floating around, plugging up your nose with a shit-ton of binders and fillers after taking an hour and a half to grind up the insoluble tablet is wasteful and in my opinion a waste of time and probably not too good for your mucous mebranes and/or central nervous system.

OP:

And please title your report in this format: "(Substance / Dose) - Exp Level - Creative Title."
from now on, this is getting redundant (not picking on you - this has been happening for some time.)

PM me the title and I'll change it.