• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Half Life differences between IV / Sublingual? 3 hours to 24-37? Am I detoxing myself?

CantTrustEM

Greenlighter
So for the past week I've been IVing 4-8 mg of suboxone a day, instead of my typical either intranasal or sublingual routes.

I just looked up the half life for IV bupe and I found it to be 3-4 hours. the past week I have ONLY iv'd my suboxone,

So what I'm getting at is... am I wasting my suboxone by shooting because of such the drastic half life difference?

Is it actually worth saving my amounts and sublingual use over shooting it for benefit of lower doses lasting longer in my body?

This morning I shot a 4 mg piece, and now I almost feel sick and it almost makes sense why now... does any of this make sense to you people ?

Why do you think the half life is different when iv’d?

" The terminal half-life ranges from three hours after intravenous administration to 28 to 37 hours after sublingual administration.10 It is unclear why there is such a difference in half life depending on the route of administration but this may be related to sequestring of buprenorphine in the oral mucosa. Most of the buprenorphine is eliminated in the feces, with approximately 10 to 30 percent excreted in urine.11 "

because it says so in medical studies

Bump.. can anyone confirm what I'm saying please?

No I can't confirm what you're saying... As though I have plenty of experience with IV & bupeprenorphine as well I have never had the urge to combine the 2. :\ However; I can add that though the study you linked is relatively dated I haven't seen any studies that contradict it's findings in regards to the question you're asking.

From what I could find right off (I'm limited by paywalls & such) in the literature; anything I could find either supports the study you linked or does not address it in a meaningful way. Based solely on the literature I would be inclined to agree with what you quoted. If I throw in anecdotal experience I'm even more inclined to agree. As I've known people that would IV bupeprenorphine & like you they had similar issues. I know that's not the confirmation you where looking for but I do hope that this input is at least mildly helpful. 🤞:)

Last edited: