Halcion/Triazolam cold turkey withdrawal

Haleylee

Greenlighter
I've been taking Halcion 0.25mg every day for 13 days to help me sleep. On the 12th and 13th day, I started being depressed and anxious, so my physician told me to stop taking Halcion altogether.

I currently live in South Korea, where Halcion is prescribed really liberally. I only had a mild case of insomnia (lacking a few hours of sleep every night due to seasonal allergies) and my physician and pharmacist were completely fine with giving me Halcion for 20 days.

I asked if I should be tapering, but my doctor said that since I've only taken it for 13 days and didn't abuse the dosage, I should just stop cold turkey.

Well, it's been a whole three days since I've taken my last dosage. Withdrawal effects like depression and anxiety seems to have subsided yesterday, but I haven't slept a minute in the last 3 days. How long will it be before I can get some sleep? My sources are saying between 2 to 4 days of withdrawal should do the trick, but I wanted further assurance.

I'm dealing with the rebound insomnia and the increased heartbeats. Not feeling depressed or suicidal, just really shitty from not sleeping for three days and I'm also dealing with a bad cold.

Can anyone give me some insight? Should I have tapered? I just wanted to get it over with really quickly but my tired mind and body is going through a lot of torture just waiing to fall asleep with a stuffy nose.

Thanks in advance.