• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Halcion CT and withdrawal - help?

Thanks for the response. Sorry, I'm just not too clear on some of the things you said.

So I should stop taking halcion after a day or two and just keep up with the trazodone? The doctor gave me 2 weeks' worth of halcion and trazodone. (half tablet each to be taken every night) However, she did say I could get over with it in a week if I could bear it.

I'm already on Day 3 of this schedule. I am definitely feeling the anxiety and mild depression throughout the day, possibly from withdrawal.

So, are you suggesting that I stop taking halcion immediately? Wouldn't this just bring up rebound insomnia again and render it impossible to go through a daily life?

I do know that at some point I am to stop taking halcion and just taper with trazodone, but I'm not too sure on when this is supposed to take place. Surely I'm not supposed to take the entire 14-day's worth of halcion?

When I cold turkeyed halcion last week, I couldn't sleep for 3 nights and I was rushed to the ER on the 4th night. I would want to avoid anything like that ever again. Please advise me on what would be the best action to take.