• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Had to choose between Valium and Ritalin

Jr1zzle906

Greenlighter
So, I'm a 31 year old male and I've been prescribed almost all the "good shit" available in the states at one time or another (oxycontin 20mg, Percocet 7.5 around the clock, Norco 10, Suboxone, Zubsolv, Tramadol, Robitussin A/C, Tylenol 3, Promethazine, Ativan, Klonopin, Valium, Gabapentin and more recently Ritalin after discovering I have adult ADHD.)
My Doc currently has(had) me on Ritalin 10mg 2x/day, Valium 5mg 2x/day, gabapentin 400mg 3x/day and Wellbutrin S.R. 150mg once in the morning.
He is very against co-prescribing stimulants with sedatives and even wants me to drastically cut back on my medicinal marijuana, at our meeting before last he said I had to decide between the Ritalin and Valium, well it didn't take long for me to go back and request to be taken off the Ritalin (I was going through 3-4x my rx'd amount anyway) and get back on Valium 5mg 4x/day.
I can't fill them until the 30th but it's a relief knowing I'll have a decent supply of benzos again. Those Ritalin had me literally burning through all my medicinal herb and Valium anyway due to the edgy depressing crash. I feel I made the right decision, just wanted to share my experience with you guys.

Oh wow, why does your doctor have you on so many drugs? You must have some pretty severe health problems to require all that.

It's probably just as well that you decided to discontinue the Ritalin because there is an increased risk of seizure when combined with Wellbutrin. Your doctor should have caught that. Or is that the reason he was prescribing Valium?

No, a previous Dr. Put me on Wellbutrin for anxiety/depression (even though it causes anxiety) because she refused to give more than 15 Valium 5s a month and I respond horribly to ssri and snri drugs. I like the Wellbutrin for the energy boost and I only eat when I'm hungry on it, which is good because Valium, gabapentin and medicinal marijuana especially combined can give craaazy munchies lol.
And to the first reply, I'm fairly healthy but I dislocated my left shoulder something like 15 times over 5 years so had to get 3 surgeries, ultimately resulting with a partial left shoulder replacement, the few months after that was when I was getting the oxys, Percocet and tramadol. I was on Suboxone for a year prior to this surgery because I was already addicted to opiates before my shoulder problems began. My current doc is very understanding of this and knows I'm not seeking opiates, but he's generous enough to script the occasional Tylenol 3s when requested. As for the promethazine and Robitussin a/c, I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan where we have 6-8 months of winter so I tend to catch bronchitis every once in a while. Trust me on this... Thanks to all that rap music about sipping syzurp (which is what I do with my tussin a/c, I ad doxylamine and a benzo or two to make up for the lack of promethazine. ) Promethazine by itself and Robitussin a/c have been by far the hardest scripts to get, kinda funny since codeine and promethazine seem to be otc in most other nations.
Anyway, I'm rambling... I think that lyrica 300 I popped earlier with a couple gabapentin is kicking in, I'm prescribed Wellbutrin for anxiety, I wouldn't take it without the gaba and Valium though, it makes me very anxious. I was prescribed gabapentin initially to help withdrawal when I decided to quit zubsolv, but it works for anxiety and pain so my doc has kept me on it. I'm prescribed Valium 5mg 4x/day for anxiety and as a muscle relaxer. I have a medicinal marijuana card for my chronic post operative pain, I get top shelf quality that is strong enough when combined with my meds to keep me off opiates.. not to mention I just really enjoy smoking weed lol! Been toking up daily since 2004

I was Rx 90 2mg Xanax
60 2mg Klonopin
90 8mg Subs
60 30mg Ritalin
30 30mg Adderall XR

I had to change doctors and quit the Ritalin and Adderall because I would just IV them and I would go through my entire Ritalin in 2 days. Left me with many abbesses and my mom could just look at me and know I was shooting my stimulants, plus it would cause me to burn through my benzos in 2 weeks leaving me screwed.

New Dr.

60 8mg subs
I was on 90 2mg Xanax but just today switch to 90 2mg Klonopin because of the short life of Xanax.

90 10mg flexril
120 Fiorect.

I had a horrible IV coke problem were I almost lost my arm and had surgery which left me with a scar the length of my forearm.