• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Had a bad trip and am still feeling the effects.

Raaadical

Greenlighter
I'll try to be as specific as possible.

Last Saturday I had four grams of shrooms with my girlfriend. I've tripped on shrooms two other times, two grams then three and they were amazing both trips. We ate the shrooms dry and whole. We didnt take tums of anything, we just smoked a little bud before hand. Right when we started feeling it (40 minutes in) we both felt nauseous. I threw up shortly after and it felt like hell. I had to have threw up the shrooms although I didn't really look at the puke to find any shrooms. Then we smoked until we could sleep. I took the shrooms at ~8:00 PM. While tripping I had panic attacks and tons of anxiety. I've never felt either of which before and my depression from years and years ago came back. The day after tripping I still had tons of anxiety and panic attacks. Every day the anxiety and panic attacks became less severe and less frequent. Today, 6 days after the bad trip, I still just randomly think about the bad trip and feel slightly off. (Warning this gets gross) My shits are either tiny and solid or something close to diarrhea. I shit way more often than before. I belch and fart way more than before. Once or so a day I'll feel the shroom/acid taste. I wake up pretty disoriented when I didn't before. My girlfriend's house reminds me of the trip and gives me some of the side effects of the bad trip. Is it PTSD or something? Am I okay? I know others have taken way higher doses and bad tripped and are completely fine, I'm just trying to figure out why I still feel these effects. My girlfriend made a complete recovery although she only did 3 grams and did not throw up. It took me a few days to be able to mentally be able to play video games again. But something doesn't feel right. I just feel off and it's hard to explain. I could possibly just be a little sick. Any information would be great! If other's have had something similar to this, please tell me so I know I'm not the only one and please let me know how to get through this easier. I've been eating vegetables and other healthy foods ever since the bad trip.

TL;DR I had a bad trip and still feel mild versions of it's effects 6 days later, how do I cope?

The depression comes and goes for short periods of time. I think I've had a serotonin deficiency and this trip just fucked it a bit. I used to take adderal for my ADD but I've stopped, I will be taking it again in roughly 17 days. (adderal releases serotonin)

If I remember any details I'll made an edit.

I decided to completely stop smoking and tripping forever.

Sounds like HPPD, sometimes a difficult experience can have lingering effects for days or weeks after, but it always passes; as for the nasty part, shrooms always, and i mean ALWAYS, mess up my stomach, hence why i stick to blotter chems. I always vomit no matter the dose and usually have diarrhea for a few days to come. The mood swings, albiet could be the serotonin difficiency, could just be the hppd and will pass. Maybe it was the shrooms telling you something? Maybe you were just I'll prepared for the dose, all the emotions at once can make you feel unstable, focus on the positive things in life and meditate on what might've caused the anxiety build up. I had a similar experience on an eighth and didn't feel like myself for weeks after, as if the was just going through the motions, work, eat, sleep, repeat. Honestly what helped me was really thinking on the trip and figuring out what went wrong and diving back into the darkness on the same dose; the second time was beautiful and helped me overcome alot of things in my life. Hopefully this helps and just keep in mind it will pass. Good luck to you!

Quick addition to the last post, while going back into the trip helped me it might not for another, I'm not saying jumping back into it will help you just an example of what worked for me so proceed with caution

Quick addition to the last post, while going back into the trip helped me it might not for another, I'm not saying jumping back into it will help you just an example of what worked for me so proceed with caution

Thanks for the reassurance and advice man! I totally forgot about meditation! I used to do it all the time and I think that will help a ton! I've been pondering on whether or not doing it again will help or not but I'm still not sure. Maybe several months from now I will consider it but thanks for sharing your similar experience. It was exactly what I was looking for. You've really helped!

Thanks for the reassurance and advice man! I totally forgot about meditation! I used to do it all the time and I think that will help a ton! I've been pondering on whether or not doing it again will help or not but I'm still not sure. Maybe several months from now I will consider it but thanks for sharing your similar experience. It was exactly what I was looking for. You've really helped!
Glad it did! And definitely do it at your own pace when you feel ready, happy to help!

IMO all psychedelics have an inertia effect on our brains. That means their effects may last a lot longer than the time they are physically present in our bodies. Psilocybe mushrooms is one such example. Our mind just stays preoccupied with a strong impression of the trip but it really is up to you how would you direct your attention and that's where a lot of people find long lasting therapeutic effects of such drugs.

I've had one "bad" trip from shrooms about 5 or so years ago that I still remember very vividly, including the taste of shrooms, my dark despair thoughts, very strong and scary auditorial hallucinations. 8(
All of the symptoms you are experiencing will dissipate with time, just occupy your mind with something else.;)

Also IME its better to take shrooms on empty stomach, maybe a little bread taken prior, but no fats, no complex proteins and no sugar, fruits or fruit juices beforehand. All food except a little bit of seeded bread and water causes me to have nausea when eaten before shrooms. Some people like to grind their mushies and mix it with chocolate - its the worst for me, especially if its milk chocolate - guaranteed puking times :!

Another thing is, you can never know how much of the actual Psilocybin you are ingesting, unless it's an extracted powder. Always tread carefully with actual shrooms, and ingest more if necessary within 2 hours interval.

I think there is nothing wrong with your serotonin and adderal (amphetamine) does not release it either, it rather works on dopamine and adrenaline systems.

Be safe! :)