Hacking on a social networking website

Onoe

Bluelighter
There is someone who is hacking my account on a social networking website, he is making money off of my account because I have over 13K friends.

This is the problem, I am a promoter and I am throwing an event, he is making my company look bad and thus making it seem like my event is involved in stuff like this.

I think i can request his IP from the website's creator, because the creator knows about this and is fully aware of the situation.

The problem is that i cannot really afford a lawyer at this moment, and he is causing alot of damage. I am paying thousands of dollars to throw this event, and he is purposely ruining my reputation and thus ruining my event.

What are my options? Can the police do something about this? This is not legal.

Contact the networking site asap and tell them what is happening.

Onoe, do you want me to move your thread to Science and Technology to see what you might be able to do to stop the hacking from a technical angle?

No, its okay; I dont think there is much to be done about this. The site simply has poor security.

You probly should move this to sci/tech. If you get his IP from the site you would need to contact his ISP to get any further information about the actual person doing this and who they are. Your 1st problem is he may be using a proxy in which case you have to get info from that. If he has used a chain proxy then your going to have a very time consuming job and must hope all the proxies used keep logs.

If you can be sure you have found the attackers IP then you can file a complaint with their ISP.

Why don't you just tell us what the social networking website is and we can give you more information. If it's MySpace...

This is your current situation:

1) You have a key logger
2) If there's a key logger on your computer, anytime you tried changing your password the hacker has the new one
3) If you haven't tried changing your password, then do so now

Here are the programs you will need:

UnHackMe
VIPRE Antivirus + Antispyware
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
SUPERAntiSpyware

contact me if you need these programs, i'll upload them for you

One last thing, if you really don't feel like hassling and you don't have that much important stuff on your computer. Reinstall Windows (or whatever other operating system you use)