• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

H/Fentanyl

JustMeNKU

Greenlighter
I’m hoping to find some no-judgement advice. I started using what I thought was Herion, about 6 months ago. Apparently it’s H cut with Fentanyl. Anyway, my lead/access to this drug became more direct so about 8 weeks ago I was able to get it as I wanted without going through a middle man. At first, I thought this was a godsend. Boy was I wrong. I’ve been using roughly 0.5-1 gram per day. I just started a new job on Monday and tried to stop using it as of Friday evening.

Saturday morning I wanted it really bad and it was mostly a mental thing. By midday I was pouring sweat, having panic attacks and just altogether uncomfortable. Sunday these symptoms increased by about 10, but nausea and diarrhea accompanied this go round. I gave in and done a tiny line (not sure of the amount as it wasn’t measured). It was like a very small bandaid on a huge sore. Monday morning I started my new job as planned but not without withdraw. I wasn’t able to sleep the night before, very bad stomach cramping and diarrhea, nauseated, sweats, all of it.

I ended up going and buying a gram on Monday and was able to make that last through this morning and I bought another gram which will hopefully last through Friday. I have got to come off this stuff and I would like to do so with as little of the symptoms as possible, especially seeing as I just started a new job.

I’ve read several posts here and on other sites that it’s good to have gabapentin and a benzo to help with withdraws. I have 90 800 mg gabbapentin and I get my Xanax (120, 1 mg, 1 x 4 a day) filled on Sunday. I’m trying to put together a regimen to quit the H/ fentanyl with as little withdraw as possible. Does anyone have any suggestions ? I’ve read several places that tapering down isn’t an option with this stuff and that quitting is the only option. I can’t go to a clinic right now (I’ve called for the hours), I’m in training Monday-Friday currently for the next 12 weeks and my schedule just won’t allow for it, my work doesn’t allow any absences, excused or not. I just need to come off this ASAP with the mildest side effects

Any input would be greatly appreciated, I’m very scared at this point

You might need to wait till you've got time off, coming oif heroin is one thing, but fent is a whole other level of shit

Was you addicted to opioids before you started the heroin/fent

Is this cross addiction or did you just start using what you thought was heroin?

You might need to wait till you've got time off, coming oif heroin is one thing, but fent is a whole other level of shit

Was you addicted to opioids before you started the heroin/fent

Is this cross addiction or did you just start using what you thought was heroin?
[/QUOTE

I used to use opiates pretty heavily, probably 3-4 years ago and stopped with suboxone. I was just hanging out with a friend about two months ago and she suggested we get what I thought was herion. Didn’t actually realize I was on fentanyl til this past weekend.

No unfortunately tapering isn't a great option with street H as it's extremely inconsistent. It sounds like you have the comfort meds that you'll need to make it through, but be aware, even with the comfort meds it won't be painless.

maybe if you just buy what you need to make it through each day until you can get some time off. coming off fent is a BITCH. i remember taking a few clons to try to sleep. tossed and turned. took more. tossed turned some more. nothing seems to break through those fent withdrawal symptoms. if you don't have any time for yourself to recover from the shitty times it might add to early relapse risk. on the flip side of things with the inconsistency in fent dosing these days one would be inclined to say get off the shit ASAP before you od. with that shit it's just a matter of time really.

You could try with DXM. It interacts directly at the receptors in a way that suppresses withdrawal and tolerance, in the best case you them for 1-2 weeks and it will feel different, but not bad.

Gabapentin is helpful and you could also combine, just carefully, one med first, wait 30-45min for it to hit, then the next one to acquire a feeling for their effects.

There are some reports here on BL too, but it's still mostly unknown yet well researched. Begin with maybe 4 caps/100mg when you start to notice withdrawal, wait until you feel something, if it gets worse, take again 2-4 caps and repeat.. I wouldn't go over 300-400mg DXM as it increases norepinephrine which can worsen things again if in excess. If you don't know dxm yet, it's sold as an OTC cough remedy which has some interesting features besides that use. Maybe have a look at the good old FAQ.

Same with xanax, take if needed and mix with caution (but avoid the fent with any GABAergic)..

Last edited:
If your still dealing with, I've been doing the Imodium thing for about a year now on back up for when I run out. Im a half to a whole of fent a day. And found 2-5 Imodium stops the bad withdrawals. If you have zans and gabas your pretty set. I keep trying to quit with Imodium because subs, no matter how long I wait give precip withdrawal. But I can't find real benzos here. And it's ok not having full blow withdrawal but to be up for 3-4 day feeling icky and eating Imodium sucks. Also research imodium there are risks. And DONT TAKE ON EMPTY STOMACH. good luck