• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Gurning on cocaine

peterx000

Greenlighter
SWIM increasingly 'gurns' after taking coke - even after a relatively small amount these days. Their jaw gets 'stiff'/hard to control and it's difficult (impossible!) to speak normally.

What causes the gurning? And is there a way to reduce it?

SWIM increasingly 'gurns' after taking coke - even after a relatively small amount these days. Their jaw gets 'stiff'/hard to control and it's difficult (impossible!) to speak normally.

What causes the gurning? And is there a way to reduce it?
Hey there, Welcome back to Bluelight. No need to Swim here there are no alligators.

Cocaine is just a potent stimulant so it fires up all of your bodies neurons and it manifests in myriad ways like teeth grinding. Not sure the cause beyond that. I'm not sure about measures to prevent it, but I've always found doing something with your mouth helps, maybe like chewing gum. Maybe someone else will come along with a better idea.

Yeah gum might help or the actual practice of not grinding should help. Otherwise a benzo would take care of that quickly(although most likely ruin the stimulating high) or maybe a hit off a blunt or something.

I get it worse if I do weed or alcohol. Benzo helps tho.

It is overall more common than younger. I think that sometimes happens. Some eventually develop it sober. I get it only on amphetamines.

You can try low-dose anticholinergic if that's safe (dunno rly, it can make your body temperature high). I have not tried but I have read some about acetylcholine enhancing or allowing this happen. But this is really stretch of a suggestion, don't be my guinea pig if you don't feel like it.