• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Guided Use of MDMA

bobfrisbeemay

Greenlighter
Sixty-eight year old (non-tripper, despite my age cohort) seeking relief from treatment-resistant depression after repeated failures of antidepressant drugs and talk therapies. The internets suggest that psychedelics and other substances MDMA, ketamine, etc. show some hope in a a long history of nothing better than trial-and-error ’remedies,’ whose outcomes are scientifically inexplicable even when symptomatically beneficial. Ideally, using a psychedelic substance with a therapist at one’s side for the duration is the way to do it right. The internets also suggest that ‘the right way’ is available only in v. small studies for research purposes under elaborately controlled conditions (to address the anti-psychedelic biases of governmental regulators).

Even though a licensed therapist probably can’t legally even ‘sit’ with a patient who has ingested a controlled substance in an attempt to enhance the therapeutic experience, volunteers such as at the Zendo Project regularly help festival trippers in trouble, apparently without getting hassled themselves over legal rules that must govern mental health practitioners (from whose number I bet a lot of psychedelic volunteers are drawn).

A Zendo volunteer might consider compassionate tripper/patient-sitting for reasonable compensation and/or a contribution to benefit MAPS or other benevolent group of like-minded souls. Zendo is based in Santa Cruz, but there must be a v. large number of individuals in the Bay Area with similar experience and impulses to help others. (They’ve got be swarming all around me in Berkeley, I say to myself with chagrin.)

Can you help me find one? Know an online bulletin board for a gray-haired (I’m looking for experience; actual gray hair not required) psychedelic Samaritan who might help?

Thanks. I plan to see him, but I think I'm ultimately going to have to involve a v. benevolent 'outlaw' for reasons stated in the post.