View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Guatemala - Leader considers drugs legalisation

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Press Association

12 Feb
Guatemalan president Otto Perez Molina said he will propose legalising drugs in Central America in a forthcoming meeting with the region's leaders.

Mr Perez Molina said in a radio interview that his proposal would include decriminalising the transportation of drugs through the area.

"I want to bring this discussion to the table," he said. "It would not be a crime to transport, to move drugs. It would all have to be regulated."

More...
http://www.google.com/hostednews/uk...dJcFYms8QMm_4Ko0Q?docId=N0472981329020828180A

legalization is good for any country. Especially for countries that are more violent than Mexico, Iraq or Afghanistan.

The president took office pledging to wield an "iron fist" against crime.

I guess it's rusting.

"It would not be a crime to transport, to move drugs. It would all have to be regulated."

Hmm, so how would you regulate moving drugs into countries where they're illegal? It's great and all, but that's a major problem.

How many South-American presidents have said this now? I've seen a few of these articles in the past few months here.

Obviously the drug industry itself needs to be decriminalized. Drug laws need to be similar to alcohol and drug industry needs to be legitimized.