• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Guanfacine

Crockthepot

Greenlighter
Hello, I've been lurking Bluelight for a little over a year and never posted until now.

I was just wondering if anybody has any past experiance with using guanfacine to help with an adderall xr crash or while coming down on it.

Not just medicinal doses of adderall, but rather recreational doses.

Thank you to anyone that can help out :D

Hi I may or may have not known someone who took guanfacine 2 mg with 55 mg. From what I hear it may have helped someone focus (albiet barely noticeably relative go adderall) by blocking alpha adrenic receptors in the front of their head basically where at such a lower dose they indirectly increase noradrenaline increasing attention. While these alpha adrenic receptors are also sedating at high doses and vasodialators. I do not think you would have any help coming down from such a low dose. Because basically, I believe your brain like has receptors on both pre and post synaptic receptors and guanfacine at doses for adhd are at such low levels they disproportionately saturate the pre synaptic receptors causing the opposite of expected effects ie increased alertness focus instead of sedation.

Im trying to think of a analogy that is easier to grasp because thays pretty abstract. This is a oversimplification but it be like trying to use 2 or 3 glasses of wine or beers to fall asleep. At such low levels the sedative causes a increase in brain activity making you more hyper.