• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Growing psychedelics in a terrarium

In costa rica, its law that you can't keep any animals in a cage. I think that's a fantastic idea. I think zoos are cruel as well. They are basically prisons for animals. You started a thread to get responses, you are getting them. You can't pick and choose who responds. Your analogy with beef doesn't really hold up either. You are not eating these toads to survive. You are milking their venom to get high. You can extract your own DMT from various sources. It is cruel to keep living things locked up in a cage for your own amusement and pleasure. Whether you realize that or not is another issue.

Many people keep pets in a terrarium. It's the same as keeping animals in a zoo. Yeah, it may be cruel but are they not entertaining? Survival of the fittest man. That toad obviously wasn't the fittest if it got caught. You probably eat beef and most beef that you eat has just been trapped as goes with any animal that you eat. Is that not cruel? Are you gonna stop eating beef as a way to protest? Probably not. So please keep your negative ass comments to yourself.

Survival of the fittest is when an animal eats another animal for nourishment, not confines it to a cage for the rest of its life.

Zoos, pets, etc are a specific human only behavior, and personally I think the absurd and unnecessary amount of suffering it causes is disgusting and inexcusable. Animals Capture/kill other animals to eat them, they don't cause long drawn out unnecessary suffering.

Once again, consider the suffering you are inflicting on that animal by doing what you plan to do with it, and ask yourself if you would like to be the one in the cage......

My girlfriend has two crested geckos, and her old roommate breeds them; from what I've learned, you should not chance screwing up their environment. They drop their tails easy (the two males she has in her breeding pairs dropped theirs, that's 1 out of 2) and they need a temperature and humidity nowhere near to those required by cacti or mushies; on top of that, cacti and mushies would likely present dangers to crested geckos. Keep psychedelics and pets separate, please!