• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Growing cannabis and the effects of UV light?

I would suggest that you add a source of UV light to any cannabis plant you grow.
Cheapest and easiest way to do this is to get reptile CCFL lamps, the other option is to get LEDs.
I found that used in the last weeks of flowering it will increase trichomes production.
I read that having too much UV light can damage the plant but I guess it's only realistic when using LEDs.

I would just get a regular blacklight for the atmosphere in my place, not really for the plants but i suppose this is good news.

What type of blacklight? Some types of those can be harmful to cannabis plants if close enough, plus it could wake up the plant during the darkness part of the cycle.

Last edited:
regular decoration really. and they are all female autoflowering plants. They don't need darkness, if i understand right. It simply would be in the same room or should I think this over?

regular decoration really. and they are all female autoflowering plants. They don't need darkness, if i understand right. It simply would be in the same room or should I think this over?

Autoflowers don't NEED dark but they highly benefit from it, at least some strains.
The autoflowers you get now are sativaxindicaxruderalis hybrids not pure ruderalis.
It should survive just fine, if production is not an issue just keep the lamp away, how much really depends on the power rating of the lamp.
I doubt you'd keep in your home anything that would need more than 5 to 10 feet of distance anyway.