• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Grow room atmosphere manipulation and it's effect on Cannabis.

TheGrasshopper

Bluelighter
Personal experiences?
I plan on documenting my trials once i am able to grow and am very interested in experimenting.

From personal experience I've noted that low humidity levels will produce more trichnomes (like the plant is sweating to compensate) and that keeping the air circulating will strengthen the plants and encourage them to grow (through constant agitation of the leaves and branches, i would assume. Sort of like a monk toughening his hands with hot sand over time?) and the way lower temperatures affect the color of plant/flower.

From some reading online, reports claim of seeing significant increase in harvest yield and grow rates by enriching the air with CO2 and water with O2, was also said to help reduce risk of mold and root rot (this one I know is old knowledge).

Now I have seen ethylene used in the commercial ripening of fruit and a quick google search showed that few people have attempted this with Cannabis, much less within a controlled environment (none.. still looking, most turn to ripening fruit as the source of ethylene). Other reports claim that this gas will encourage seeds to sprout female.

Curiosity provokes me to ask, what effects would other gases have when introduced to a Cannabis plant?

Any info on the subject would be greatly appreciated, I will share my findings and sources when organized.
Cheers!

Last edited: