• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

ground weed pills?

deemsie

Greenlighter
Has anyone heard of weed pills? Like a raw herb pill where pre heated finely ground bud is placed into a gel capsule for oral use.
If not, do u think this is a feesible way to take measured amounts of cannabis?

Unless it's cooked into a fat, weed is not very effective orally. I make weed capsules with coconut oil, though.

Cool. As part of a process I use to make an alcohol based tincture, the weed must be heated at about 300 degrees to convert THCA to THC. So I was thinkin it might be good orally in that form. I may try it anyway. Wondering if anyone has seen a product like that anywhere. I use just small amounts to help with anxiety and depression. The oils and tinctures just taste so disgusting! Which is what I use now.

People absolutely do make simple capsules with decarbed flower like you're describing. Just make sure you properly do the decarboxylation process and you should be fine.

It's normally just cooked into a fat to decarb it, but if you do that by itself and then eat it in a capsule it should be equally effective (somewhat dependent on what's in your stomach however).

It's normally just cooked into a fat to decarb it, but if you do that by itself and then eat it in a capsule it should be equally effective (somewhat dependent on what's in your stomach however).

You no doubt already know this, but I just thought I'd add that cooking cannabis into an oil makes the psychoactive ingredients more easily available/digestible (i think the word is bioavailability? idk, that might not even be a word... I see a red squiggly line underneath it so yeah...) than raw, fibrous cannabis.

It's just an added benefit, because it's definitely possible to only partially digest raw nugs and pass [read: shit out] out psychoactives before your body's had a chance to fully absorb the plant material it's contained in. Grounding your herb should help minimize that risk, I'm just putting this out there for anybody who may not know.

[EDIT: oh shit, I was right:

Search Results

bi·o·a·vail·a·bil·i·ty
ˌbīōˌəvāləˈbilitē/
noun
Physiology
noun: bioavailability; noun: bio-availability
the proportion of a drug or other substance that enters the circulation when introduced into the body and so is able to have an active effect.

time for a celebration session]

People absolutely do make simple capsules with decarbed flower like you're describing. Just make sure you properly do the decarboxylation process and you should be fine.

A vaporizer is also a great way to decarb your bud and you can put the AVB into capsules.

Thank u all for ur feedback. I tried it. It worked. But it is true, the bioavailability is low. The concentrate I make is more potent and a better use of the bud. On a positive note, the effect came on gradually and lasted for over 6 hrs. This morning my BM smelled of good weed. Ha! I couldn't believe it.

No, cooking it into a fat isn't only to decarb it. Doing it without the fat is a waste, and it's not hard to cook it into the oil. Your body will not be able to process it well at all without a medium like alcohol, fat, or glycerin.

In my experience, oil capsules are the most efficient use of weed by weight. You get the most bang for your buck that way.

once i grinded weed and put it in some gel caps. i ate around 2 joints worth of weed. didnt feel nothing. my friend ate more than me and too didnt feel nothing.

not saying its ineffective though, just relating my experience. it wasnt dank weed too.

once i grinded weed and put it in some gel caps. i ate around 2 joints worth of weed. didnt feel nothing. my friend ate more than me and too didnt feel nothing.

not saying its ineffective though, just relating my experience. it wasnt dank weed too.

It IS ineffective, or at least spectacularly inefficient, which I'd say is the same thing. It's a scientific fact that your body doesn't absorb the active chemicals from the raw plant matter well at all, but absorbs fat infused with those chemicals very well.