• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ground Mushies in cap form, can they go off?

rexgar2

Greenlighter
Hi Guys,

I acquired a couple of large caps filled with ground dried mushrooms (not sure of species) but a mate has tried them and they are good.

Question is, I bought them a bit over a year ago, they have been sitting in a dark space in my cupboard for that time, and I was wondering if that kinda stuff would go off in that time period?

would it grow mould that could be bad for you?

they are very tightly packed caps, I think size 00.... have done mushies a few times before and would like to know if they will be fine to eat :)

Thanks

iv got self capped shrooms that iv had for over a year, stored air tight, dark cool etc etc... still blow my head off lol.
a tight packed 00 weight is usually .5gram. iv perfected it, my caps are .13 empty, and all my caps full weigh .63 give or take .02...

i think as long as little, to no moisture got in there you should be fine. If your concerned, it would be a good idea to open them up and check they are dry with no mold growing on them. I can't imagine anything shitter (pardon the pun) than tripping and having some bad food poisioning.

ive eaten old as capped mushies before (about 1.5 years old), they were just a fair bit weaker than they used to be but weren't mouldy. as long as they dried them correctly then you should be ok.

I've had caps that were around 2 years before I ate them, didn't seem as intense as fresh brewed mushy milo. Same as above, if they've been dried properly and looked after they should be right.

I have had dried mushrooms (Psilocybe Subaerguinosa if it matters) keep for the better part of a year with minimal potency loss. It was in air tight bags, never caps, but so long as there is no air getting to it I don't see why that would make much difference.

The only real risk is if they weren't adequately dried then there is a possibility they could accumulate some mold which could be bad to consume. Surely you could empty the caps out and take a look at the stuff, if it doesn't have any obvious mold or feel like it has any moisture then I imagine it will be fine. As long as that isn't the case, some potency loss should be the only real issue.

Assuming they were dried properly they will out live anyone one here thats 100% with very very minimal potency loss.

They lose potency, and dried and aged never have the same feel as fresh or fresh dried.

I find fresh gives much more euphoria/happyness/unable to stop grinning like an idiot in public places. Aged can still be very strong but most definitely do not have the same qualities as fresh/freshly dried. I had wondered if maybe the psilocybin is easily destroyed and does not last during storage while the psilocybin is more durable. Also with aged, getting hot/sweating doesn't really happen [for me] and I think that's related strong psychological effects that just arent' present any longer in aged powder.

There is def a difference between fresh and dried shrooms. Shrooms have 4 actives and some of them break down in different ratios thus giving u different effects. Each to there own. The reason why some compounds are more stable than others is beacause the mushrooms itself acts as a protection barrier not allowing some of the mushrooms alkaloids to break down. God I used to love mycology so much:)

Boil the caps lol --- beats all problems and kills any shit that makes you sick.

Also I never just EAT mushies I always grind and then boil to beat that mech sust ^