View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Groin pain while taking high doses of mucinex

polarthedog

Bluelighter
I was taking 1gram over a night a couple of days ago, and I started having pain right behind my cock And balls while urinating. I know about ketamine causing bladders damage, but the pain goes away soon afterward the dxm wear so off, it’s not constant. ALso it only hurt so when I take high doses, Andy as far as I know, it’s not something that happens every time.

Also alcohol got rid of the pain and made it easier to pee that night.

Bump, can someone please answe? I know ketamine causes bladder damage, does dxm?

If I went to see a doctor, what tests should I have done

Bump, can someone please answe? I know ketamine causes bladder damage, does dxm?
The real danger with DXM OTC products is all the other stuff in the bottle like sucrose sugars. You're basically asking your organs to filter out a bunch of bullshit along with the DXM every time you drink that syrup. You feel like shit because you just downed a ton of synthetic sugars, plastics, and food coloring products.

I've never heard of DXM damaging the bladder directly like K. I have heard tons of people having trouble with the additives. By the second or third time I attempted to take 300-500mg of DXM from OTC products my body wouldn't allow it anymore. Just the sight of the stuff still turns my stomach and my stomach is really strong.

I advise drinking water, flushing your system as best as possible, and quitting DXM for a long time. If you go to the doctor just tell him what you've told us. He'll know what to look for. It should clear up on its own in the next few days though.

The real danger with DXM OTC products is all the other stuff in the bottle like sucrose sugars. You're basically asking your organs to filter out a bunch of bullshit along with the DXM every time you drink that syrup. You feel like shit because you just downed a ton of synthetic sugars, plastics, and food coloring products.

I've never heard of DXM damaging the bladder directly like K. I have heard tons of people having trouble with the additives. By the second or third time I attempted to take 300-500mg of DXM from OTC products my body wouldn't allow it anymore. Just the sight of the stuff still turns my stomach and my stomach is really strong.

I advise drinking water, flushing your system as best as possible, and quitting DXM for a long time. If you go to the doctor just tell him what you've told us. He'll know what to look for. It should clear up on its own in the next few days though.
That's a more likely scenario

That's a more likely scenario
The sugars are what cause the explosive liquid shits when people use DXM. Even the gelcaps cause it. One or two standard doses doesn't contain enough to bother you. But when you take the entire bottle in one go (or multiple bottles) you're really asking a lot from your liver and kidneys. I don't pretend to be a medical doctor but it's just common sense. The body has a really hard time processing all that crap.

If someone wants to explore heavy DXM doses they should buy the chemical without additives. From what I've been told pure DXM doesn't feel dirty like store bought products.

Thank you, that really made me less anxious, I guess I’ll invest in some dxm powder then, I’ll see a doctor just to be sure, but what you said is probably right, they do put a lot of bullshit in dxm products

Though I’m not sure about quitting for a while, maybe I shouldn’t take huge amounts for a while bough, I take a daily dose of 60-120 mg for depression and anxiety, and to help prevent tolerance build up to Kratom, I will lower my dose though

Though I’m not sure about quitting for a while, maybe I shouldn’t take huge amounts for a while bough, I take a daily dose of 60-120 mg for depression and anxiety, and to help prevent tolerance build up to Kratom, I will lower my dose though

I was doing the maintenance routine for awhile myself. If I were you I'd just drop it for awhile. The slight reduction in tolerance (if any) isn't worth constantly taking DXM for. As a long time opioid user I can say DXM never did much to keep tolerance in check. I just thought it was. Even if it was the little bit it was helping wasn't enough to matter.

Stop doing it for awhile and see how you feel. DXM has a bad way of getting you to wacky and you don't realize how strung out you look while you're taking it. Wait a week or two, give your mind and body time to recover from it. You can always explore it more later. This might be bad advice but I suggest just leaving DXM along all together. The other drugs in this class are more fun and aren't as hard on the body. K is spectacular, MXE is divine, I never considered DXM again after I got a taste of those.

Oh by the way self medicating with dissos for depression and anxiety never worked that great for me. No matter what you try you're never going to keep that day after glow where you feel invincible going. The only place that leads is to full on mania. Dissos are really best kept as a once and awhile treat. For whatever reason they're as easy to talk yourself into taking daily as opioids. At least MXE and K are. DXM not so much due to how horrible the body load is. But I've never taken pure DXM so maybe it's different when you're working with better material.

Best of luck.

Oh and one last thing. You'll know it but you might have gotten yourself a kidney stone. Like I said a lot of OTC DXM products are loaded with synthetic sugars. If your pain suddenly gets *really* bad go to the ER directly. Most likely it'll be a kidney stone since you've been taking so much for so long. If you're prone to them anyway drinking DXM syrup everyday would be a great recipe for making one.

Most likely though you just need to flush everything out good. Stick to water for a few days. Mix in something salty every now and again. Eat some good food and take it easy. It'll pass. You'll know when you're drinking enough water once it starts running clear out of you again.

It has been a long time since I've taken DXM now but I remember having unusual pains with it. My body really hates this stuff now. Even the gelcaps are horrible. I've never vomited it back up but I sure wish I did. The only good experience I ever had with the stuff was my first time. For whatever reason after that I was unable to get back to where I'd gone. My first time on DXM was a wonderful hole-like experience at just 300mg. Every attempt after that even with a higher dose just brought along dysphoria and a bad body load. I get delusions of sobriety with this one. I drove on it once at 300+mg dose. It was stupid and scary. I don't know wtf I was thinking. For most of the ride down that dark highway at 60mph I felt like I was sitting in the passenger seat.