• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Grinder Shaving Metal Into Weed

That's the main draw nowadays for me, a quality kief-catch with a fine screen. I... I harvest that shit, lol. If I don't get ~0.15g kief out of a gram of bud I'm heated and my buddy/connect hears about it next time we spark up together. Idk, I'm just snobby with super kiefy bud these days.... I've learned that you can mostly de-kief your bud and that shit will still get you (me) stoned as fuck. The kief just builds and builds until I'm down to a gram or two and my plug is dry at the moment.

That's what I mainly want. Something to be able to comfortably grind about a gram of bud, and still have plenty of space in the "catch compartment" (where the weed sits above the pollen screen) to tumble it around with a coin or two to really get most of that kief shaken off the plant matter.

You know what, fuck it, here's what I use now (NSFW for size):

NSFW:
818Xam9C70L._SL1494_.jpg

715hmqlT3vL._SL1236_.jpg

you know.... just for reference I guess, idk... but that mother fucker right there collects some major kief on a one gram a day habit, I can tell you that much for sure.

Yeah that's the one I got sent out to me, it has a magnetised lid? I guess I should give it a go sometime.

I bought an aluminum 3 staged grinder from grasscity when I was like 15 or 16, and it would always build up a nice litter layer of hash on the top stage where I ground my flowers. I scraped the gum off a few times and always got high from it, but I'd definitely end up with aluminum shavings in there sometimes. Wasn't full melt by any means but still was better than flowers.

Even though the grinder had 3 stages and collected kief, I never really ended up with a good amount and I think the micron size on the screen was whacky. I guess I deserved it though buying some super cheap piece of crap lol.

I smoked it anyways which is pretty gross, but oh well. I guess I can't be mad if I end up with alzheimers in my later years lol

That's weird, dank. My kief piles up in loose, dry piles. If I shake the grinder, the kief pile moves accordingly. I don't ever have to scrape kief... only if it's on my fingers, but at that point it's a lost cause anyways, lol.

Nono he meant the chamber with the teeth gets built up residue that he scrapes out. He claimed his keif screen hardly caught any keif.

What I do to get the most possible is (like I said before) i will smash it to powder consistency and then dump it on top of the screen. From there I'll use a little metal or glass rod to stir the pile around, dragging it along the screen helps the smallest prices fall through faster so that there is room for more to fall through once the pile passes over that part of the screen again.
I might think about doing it with a coin like you (maybe even with the grinder stuffed in the freezer first) on my next batch to see if I can get more pure keif. I imagine that the way I do it now allows small dust sized flakes of non keif plant matter to fall through more easily(not to say that a bowl of it won't get me blasted!)

I imagine that the way I do it now allows small dust sized flakes of non keif plant matter to fall through more easily(not to say that a bowl of it won't get me blasted!)

Coin'll do the same thing actually. Shake everything too much and the force'll push things larger than kief through the screen.

Not much gets through but some admittedly does. My kief pile's usually a nice golden/amber-greenish color, so I know I overdid the kief collecting when I start to see little bright green specks throughout the pile.

Stirring with the rod does it too, actually.

I try to avoid that by taking the bottom two pieces after I grind my weed up, hold it at an angle so it doesn't spill and start knocking on the side of it (gently, mind you, just enough to agitate the plant matter sitting on top of the screen) like it was a door for a minute or two. That way I'm mainly relying on gravity to let the kief fall through instead of trying to push it through which almost always results in getting things other than kief through the screen.

It's a lot of effort but, fuck, I really love kief.

Last edited:
A few times before i noticed little shavings in my bud. I since stopped using a grinder because of it. Use scissors. And if you want to save to keif just dry it till its dry break it up over something black carefull get the bud off with out touching the bottom layer n scrape that up n save it.

A few times before i noticed little shavings in my bud. I since stopped using a grinder because of it. Use scissors. And if you want to save to keif just dry it till its dry break it up over something black carefull get the bud off with out touching the bottom layer n scrape that up n save it.

You're going to get a lot of excess plant matter in your keif that way. The whole point of the screen is so that there is a consistent maximum size a particle can be while passing through. There are stash boxes with keif screens, I would choose that over free keifing

you sure its coming from grinder not weed, tobbaco n that so many counterfeit goods when your a commoner

you sure its coming from grinder not weed, tobbaco n that so many counterfeit goods when your a commoner

I'm kind of insulted just being asked that. :p

Problem was fixed with the purchase of new paraphernalia.

I'm kind of insulted just being asked that. :p

Problem was fixed with the purchase of new paraphernalia.
you shouldnt be none vip drug dealers dnt rly care bout their customers i just thought the metal shaving might be their way of boisting the weight

sorry was wasted off my super super bone dry dank weed, white china and crack $2588 combo...lol