View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Grey Mycelium?

wooger

Bluelighter
Okay so I have some cubensis jars which are colonising right now (some are done, most others are nearly done)...

now the thing is... the mycelium in some jars is bright white just like you could expect from cubensis whereas in other jars it is almost grey like and kinda translucent...

I would understand this is it was jus germinating or something but this mycelium has nearly fully colonised the substrate and it is still this greyish colour... it has rhizo growth too just like the rest of the mycelium... so why is it so thin that it appears grey?

Also... this maybe a weird question but since I do not have any interest in selling or ingesting the mushrooms, I just enjoy growing them, would I still be punished severly for growing a fungus I had no plan or desire to ingest or distribute...

To answer your latter question: (I cannot answer the first question as I am not knowledgeable in that aspect)

Yes, it is still illegal to cultivate psychedelic mushrooms. They aren't illegal in the wild because for the most part, nobody cultivates mushrooms in the wild and you can't really be proven to be aware if say, a mushroom is growing out of some cow shit on a farm you happen to own-just an example.

Spores don't contain psilocybin, therefore, they aren't illegal.

The actual mushrooms do, however.

They probably wouldn't take your word for it btw if you were to get in trouble for this. They would probably try to get you in the worst way as growing mushies is considered manufacture.

My understanding is that the grey stuff MAY be cobweb mold. Some of my jars have looked greyish and thin but upon birthing turned out to be nothing. Sometimes I think the mycelium isn't as aggressive or strong and can look like this. Maybe post good quality picture? Hit up the shroomery if you need more information.

^^ hey thanks for the info, it's not cobweb, I've seen cobweb before and its definitely not cobweb :( I'm hoping that its just weak(er) mycelium or something :(

This site is more of a general discussion board. You should really head over to Shroomery if you want good answers for your situation.

Indeed, prove your intentions in court, I wish you good luck with that.

Grey doesn't sound good. But it's just too vague for anyone to give you conclusive info. I'd almost go so far as to rule ID thread on this.

You'd be much better off making a photo of it and posting it on the Shroomery.

If the mycelium is really uniform and there is no whiter mycelium present then just try to fruit it I guess. But if you want to do it in the same fruiting chamber consider that you might contaminate everything else and that is probably not worth it.

Okay so I have some cubensis jars which are colonising right now (some are done, most others are nearly done)...

now the thing is... the mycelium in some jars is bright white just like you could expect from cubensis whereas in other jars it is almost grey like and kinda translucent...

I would understand this is it was jus germinating or something but this mycelium has nearly fully colonised the substrate and it is still this greyish colour... it has rhizo growth too just like the rest of the mycelium... so why is it so thin that it appears grey?

Also... this maybe a weird question but since I do not have any interest in selling or ingesting the mushrooms, I just enjoy growing them, would I still be punished severly for growing a fungus I had no plan or desire to ingest or distribute...

I have some uncle Ben rice bags and they had great white mycelium so I did a break and shake now it seems greyish is that normal? Doesn't smell moldy