• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

green tea is a pro-oxidant, therefore antioxidant and the complications of this

allone

Bluelighter

so pro oxidation can be good. in LIMITATION to one organism's ability's detoxification process. in which case, causing ANTIOXIDATION, therefore beneficial.

that is something i thought of 15 years ago when i was looking at various herbs, like turmeric, and many others not going back to look at all but kratom is also one of them. BUT besides only herbs, i was also very interested in detrimental agents like alcohol!
Alcohol IS bad, everyone says. Green tea - good. Actually both are pro-oxidants. AND antioxidants in limitations!

I am moving to caffeine next in general, I believe it causes aging and there are studies it is associated with greying of the hair. Coffee can be good for the liver, again, based on limitations in consumption and pro-oxidation therefore antioxidant. But I am certain now, too much coffee is also as bad as too much alcohol, green tea, kratom and other herbs and spices!

Just to quote something from the article here;
"At a certain concentration, it becomes toxic," he says. High-dose catechins inhibit mitochondria to such an extent that cell death ensues, which can be particularly dangerous in the liver.

Reminds me a lot like kratom, alcohol, green tea, and soon to be, coffee. A problem, coffee is MULTI "TRILLION" INDUSTRY and will never let you know its bad in any case whatsoever.

Ill keep vigilant eye on it tho ;)

Last edited:
Yeah biology is wickedly complicated and rarely boils down to this is good and that is bad ... we need oxidative stress, if I'm correct, to sort out bad stuff but it can become bad as itself when in excess etc..

Even all the good stuff we drink on a daily can be harmful if we use it overboard. I was shocked to find out, that even water can damage your body if you drink too much. Weird and scary, right? I love me some delicious green tea, but I don't drink more than three cups per day, and I choose only Biodynamic brands. Sometimes, less is more, and this is also the case when it comes to coffee and tea, so moderation is the key.

Last edited:
air is the biggest one. basically each time you breath in and out it causes erosion and oxidation not only within an organism but also things like cars or mechanical stuff. its real scary

Green tea always made me feel a bit unwell. I wonder if it’s just me?

its the caffeine probably. catetchins do not have pronounced effect. coffee has more caffeine per gram but it also contains a lot of sedatives that i forgot the names of. some of them can be active