• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Great supplement for later stage opiate withdrawal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

radar3559

Greenlighter
After finishing my methadone taper I went through the usual post acute withdrawal symptoms:
insomnia
anxiety
depression
restlessness

A friend told me about a natural supplement and I bought a bottle. It is called Ashwagandha. Here is what is does:
Ashwagandha is an Adaptogen. It is supplemented primarily for its ability to prevent anxiety. Ashwagandha’s anti-anxiety effect is even synergistic with alcohol. It also shows promise for relieving insomnia and stress-induced depression. Ashwagandha can significantly reduce cortisol concentrations and the immunosuppressive effect of stress.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :)

It's appreciated by a lot of people, I'm sure, but this sort of thing doesn't really fall within our guidelines. I'm not picking on you either Radar, it's just how it is. Other Drugs and Basic Drug Discussion are based purely upon Harm Reduction or at least, that's what we strive for ;). This is basically a shout out to a drug that worked well for you. I think it's great and I bet a lot of people would love to have relief from their symptoms through it, but it just doesn't fit here.

If you were to say, have questions regarding the substance, like what it interacts with, its safety profile etc. that would definitely fit here in our little sub-forum. Just keep it in mind for next time. It took all of us a little bit of time to figure out just where everything goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.