Positive Grateful for getting off dope in 2015

rustbeltgoldenchild

Bluelighter
Wanna start by saying I'm not clean by any means and I just haven't done heroin or any heavy opi pharms since like 2015.

My time as a pill head and later as a dope feen was hell but I'm so thankful that period of my life was like 2009-2015. I'm not sure I would have made it out alive. The shit I got into was by no means safe but at least when I bought roxies they were actually oxycodone and not pressed fent.

It's just crazy to me all the KIDS who are dying from fent ODs now. When I was hs y people my age OD'd but that was because they were shooting up or mixing with benzos. Not because they bought a pill from the wrong person.

The major thing that got me out of my "I'm gonna use as soon as I'm out" mindset in rehab was reading about how the county and hour and half away from where I was in treatment had to bring in a refrigerated truck for the OD's.

Anyway sorry for the stream consciousness seeing younger people's posts and replies on here got me thinking how much more life threatening it is to be a teenager who experiments with drugs now.

Like damn a 16 yearold can't even buy a Xanax bar from the weird line cook he works with without worrying about it being pressed with fent.

It is definitely getting real out there. I'm glad I stopped the dope in 2020. It was getting to the point where it was becoming extremely hazardous for ones health.

My H addiction lasted from 2011-2017. The dope scene was 100% BTH during my time. I don't even know if people still use BTH.

I think I had heard about fentanyl getting popular in Canada from a vice documentary or something, but never imagined it to become what it is now. I got a medical grade fentanyl patch one time but that was the only time I ever crossed paths with it.

I guess I got lucky as hell quitting at the time that I did. I was pretty reckless, mixing H with all kinds of shit so I know I'd probably be dead if I kept it going with fentanyl. I quit because I lost a few good friends to H. Now I'm too scared to go back knowing how dangerous it is out there. Guess that's a good thing. I'll just stick with my kratom from now on.