View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

graphic designing while tripping?

trippytots

Greenlighter
When I was in highschool I did allot of graphic arts classes, using Photoshop, InDesign, and illustrator I've always enjoy the creativity of these, especially illustrator. That made me wonder, would it be fun to drop on acid and just start designing and creating things on my laptop programs?I love to analysis and create and connect ideas whenever I trip so Id think designing would be fun, last time I was on my laptop tripping I got bad anxiety because having to actually work the laptop felt really weird and I got anxious, but then again coulda been just a bad trip or it being fake acid. has anyone tried this before or something similar?

It's a wonderful idea! I always draw or paint while high. Doing creative work on the computer, on acid especially, sounds like a great idea. If you find staring at computer for hours exhausting just take a break and do some sketches in your sketchbook. I've found that a good a approach when drawing on psychedelics is to keep it kind of minimalistic. Don't be afraid to keep it simple, you will learn a lot of things about basic structures (and complex) with the acid in your system, things that would take a long time to grap sober. Heck, start off with an circle I say, then go from there. Go for it!

Last edited:
In my experience the tricky part is to hit just the right state where you can still function enough to try and capture some of the visual magic.
It is similar to the old "I have just learned the secrets of the universe and wrote them down!" Then upon reading them later it is complete nonsensical gibberish.
Not as bad though, since the visual mediums are much more conducive to subtlety and nuance.
Certainly worth a try, and bound to be an interesting experiment.

I had a really strange trip on MDMA once, I had CEV's like never before. It went like: okay, let's think of a new cartoon character.. Woah! That's so detailed and I've never seen anything similar before! Okay, a company logo! Oh my that's perfect... Another one! And another one! This is just fantastic, I wish I could draw but sadly, I can't :D

I think the key with creating something on psychedelics like LSD, shrooms is to use minimal tools. A complex software could be too much to handle (we all know how difficult to find something in your bag tripping out :D). I'd personally go with a tablet and stylus or as Jaia said, pencil&sketchbook.

When I was in highschool I did allot of graphic arts classes, using Photoshop, InDesign, and illustrator I've always enjoy the creativity of these, especially illustrator. That made me wonder, would it be fun to drop on acid and just start designing and creating things on my laptop programs?I love to analysis and create and connect ideas whenever I trip so Id think designing would be fun, last time I was on my laptop tripping I got bad anxiety because having to actually work the laptop felt really weird and I got anxious, but then again coulda been just a bad trip or it being fake acid. has anyone tried this before or something similar?
I always like to test myself and do stuff when I'm tripping.
Don't get anxious over your fucking laptop man... you're spun so of course it's going to feel a bit weird/confusing. Just chill out and don't be so hard on yourself.

I like to message girls online when I'm tripping - the drugs make the ideas flow more freely.
I also love powerlifting under the influence (I know it's not creative but it's still loads of fun). My current bench press and deadlift PRs were set while tripping on DOM.

I had a really strange trip on MDMA once,
LOL MDMA is a strange drug. It has its moments but it is a fucking weird chemical; second only to Salvia in terms of weirdness IME. TOTALLY different to what I was expecting.

IMO it might be kind of hard, I tried this once and the melting and breathing of the monitor made it very hard to be precise and to actually see what your artwork looks like. I guess if you took a low enough dose to get creative juices flowing but not enough for visuals, or at least very minor visuals, like color enchantment and pattern recognition it might work. I would say probably around like 50-75mic of LSD.