• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Grapefruit /potentiation

BlueGuy-Essential

Greenlighter
Hey guys and girls!

Everyone probably knows about the potentiation of white grapefruit juice with hydros, percs, etc. My question is—does it affect a urine analysis negatively, putting you over your mg/mcg cutoff limit to get a positive result? I know it increases your plasma/serum levels but, in actuality, your not taking more of the drug (in this scenario). Therefore it shouldn’t inflate your UA numbers negatively???

With Respect, I could use some great advice or if someone has already experienced a similar scenario😉😷!

I would personally expect you to be correct. Because grapefruit juice inhibits the liver enzyme and increases the high by slowing metabolism, most likely it would cause a drug test to fail for longer. How much longer, honestly probably not much of a difference than normal. Maybe 6-12 hours longer?

At the same time, grapefruit juice is very acidic, and acidity can clear the urine and body of drugs faster. A low pH can cause the body to excrete drugs faster.

So it’s a double edged sword honestly I’d say it won’t make a big difference positively or negatively drug test wise

Hey man, we really dont like threads that are dedicated to drug testing, but I feel like we can answer your question without breaking any of the rules.

First, the effect or WGFJ as a potentiator is pretty modest with all things considered. Second, there are so many variables at play here that fluctuations in UA results based upon drug BA are going to be the rule and not the exception.

At any rate, I feel you have some plausible deniability here. Please try not to discuss drug testing directly my man, as it is not condoned by our community. No harm done at all, and I hope to hear back from you!

Hey man, we really dont like threads that are dedicated to drug testing, but I feel like we can answer your question without breaking any of the rules.

First, the effect or WGFJ as a potentiator is pretty modest with all things considered. Second, there are so many variables at play here that fluctuations in UA results based upon drug BA are going to be the rule and not the exception.

At any rate, I feel you have some plausible deniability here. Please try not to discuss drug testing directly my man, as it is not condoned by our community. No harm done at all, and I hope to hear back from you!
Of course, and thanks for the heads up and rule explanation of community guidelines!

I would personally expect you to be correct. Because grapefruit juice inhibits the liver enzyme and increases the high by slowing metabolism, most likely it would cause a drug test to fail for longer. How much longer, honestly probably not much of a difference than normal. Maybe 6-12 hours longer?

At the same time, grapefruit juice is very acidic, and acidity can clear the urine and body of drugs faster. A low pH can cause the body to excrete drugs faster.

So it’s a double edged sword honestly I’d say it won’t make a big difference positively or negatively drug test wise
Your explanation makes a lot of sense to me and I appreciate the response!👍