• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Grandmother finds $50,000 of drugs in suitcase - four years since she last used it

poledriver

Bluelighter
Grandmother finds $50,000 of drugs in suitcase - four years since she last used it

An Auckland grandmother has discovered $50,000 worth of drugs hidden in her suitcase, four years since she last used it on a trip to Australia, police say.

Gillian Rodgers, 74, found the tightly-packed bag of white powder, about the size of a packet of cigarettes, on Saturday as she packed for a trip to Blenheim.

She took the bag to her local police station and was told it was 55g of amphetamine.

She says she last used the suitcase four years ago on a month-long cruise around Australia before flying home from Sydney.

The pocket where the drugs were found was the only one which wasn't padlocked, she told the NZ Herald.

Ms Rodgers was shocked to discover she was being used as a drug mule.

"I wonder if they were going to try to retrieve it. I'm sure they would have wanted it back. I wonder if they followed me," she told the paper.

"I could've been picked up at the airport. Or if I'd gone through somewhere like Bali or Thailand with that in my bag... terrifying."

Customs spokeswoman Nicky Elliott says the drugs could have been planted any time since Ms Rodgers last used the suitcase.

Customs processed about 10 million travellers a year.

"We are confident this system works well and that the border is fully protected."

Police are now looking into how the drugs may have been planted in the suitcase.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel...ast-used-it-20140114-30si7.html#ixzz2qLsQzRMo

1 point = $50k in Australia, didn't you know that? Also, 1 cannabis plant with 10 tonnes of dirt is still 10 tonnes of cannabis. Welcome to the new world.

Who the hell pays 50 000$ for 55g of amphetamine even if it's 100% pure? That amount is worth something like 900$ here. Why do they always have to exaggerate so much? Some minor player lost his shit and is probably sulking in some corner right now.

Last edited:
That was definitely blown a little out of proportion lol
Still sketchy can't imagine gettin caught with drugs you didn't know about.
To bad it wasn't a better substance to indulge on.

street prices in my part of australia is about 2 thirds of that.

Australia'n drugs are way more expensive than most places. You'd be disgusted how much we pay for meth/coke

Fellas we can't discuss drug prices here.

What I'm curious about is who takes a suitcase and doesn't unpack it when they get home until 4 years later? Or have I missed something?

i dont think she thought anything was in it, it would have been an outside pocket and not the major case bit. She probably unpacked the major part where she knew all her stuff was and that was that.

Bet it was a sketchy grandson or other relative using Nanna's house to stash their shit

When i saw 50k and drugs the size of a pack of cigs i figured dope or crystal. But amphet? Thats a stretch.