pray, sing, beg, laugh, cry
turn off the alarm clock
struggle out of bed (don't mind the hallucinations),
time to decorate, add things:
sugar, salt, a blue ribbon,
yesterday's debt collection notices,
a stale McChicken sandwich,
then add tears, pain, hangovers, suicide,
take a break from your project to run down the street maniacally screaming at stray cats
when you return, add ulcers and bleeding gums,
hypomania, psychosis, isolation, diarrhea, panic, loathing, death, loneliness, hunger pangs,
two nights in jail, weed roaches, dirty looks, shitty psychiatrists, a glob of tobacco tar, regret,
lost relationships, bad deals, cowardice, cirrhosis, nerve damage, termination slips, hospital bills ,
we're almost done now,
finally, add your greatest most euphoric dreams crushed into an appropriate dust for cooking,
bake it at 450 degrees for 1 hour,
rotate it 17 times, then bake it again at 700 degrees indefinitely,
forget about it and years later hesitate to take it out,
lock it in a steel box,
or give it away to your neighbor,
maybe just leave it on the doorstep at detox intake,
vomiting, shaking, as you shamefully walk
into another sterile institution

Have you ever thought of writing professionally?
I mean your use of language is fucking raw, but the imagery and debth behind it is nuclear
I'd bet you with even a little training you could make good money with that

they call it "alcoholism"
let us hold it up in the dwindling light
dress it up in a nice little tuxedo
pray, sing, beg, laugh, cry
turn off the alarm clock
struggle out of bed (don't mind the hallucinations),
time to decorate, add things:
sugar, salt, a blue ribbon,
yesterday's debt collection notices,
a stale McChicken sandwich,
then add tears, pain, hangovers, suicide,
take a break from your project to run down the street maniacally screaming at stray cats
when you return, add ulcers and bleeding gums,
hypomania, psychosis, isolation, diarrhea, panic, loathing, death, loneliness, hunger pangs,
two nights in jail, weed roaches, dirty looks, shitty psychiatrists, a glob of tobacco tar, regret,
lost relationships, bad deals, cowardice, cirrhosis, nerve damage, termination slips, hospital bills ,
we're almost done now,
finally, add your greatest most euphoric dreams crushed into an appropriate dust for cooking,
bake it at 450 degrees for 1 hour,
rotate it 17 times, then bake it again at 700 degrees indefinitely,
forget about it and years later hesitate to take it out,
lock it in a steel box,
or give it away to your neighbor,
maybe just leave it on the doorstep at detox intake,
vomiting, shaking, as you shamefully walk
into another sterile institution

Amazing piece man, really like it a lot.

Have you ever thought of writing professionally?
I've had my day dreams. I've imagined being some freelance writer, and when I read some stuff I feel it could always be better.

Words carry weight that other human creations do not. I've always seemed to have a way with them, at least more than most people.

I never finished high school. I have zero formal education.

The only thing holding me back from accomplishing many things is my horrendous self esteem and anxiety.

I don't know. I think I may honestly be on the spectrum and it has gone undiagnosed my whole life probably because my drug use was always to blame. I wouldn't be saying that at 33 years old if I didn't really believe it. I've mentioned it to family, they always kinda laugh or downplay it, so I don't talk about it much. If you knew more details of my life, you'd probably agree.

but thanks, friend, one of the best compliments I've had in awhile :)

Absolutely brilliant poem. Thank you for sharing.
I've had my day dreams. I've imagined being some freelance writer, and when I read some stuff I feel it could always be better.

Words carry weight that other human creations do not.
Everyone has room for improvement, but your poetry is excellent and I have seen far worse (but still decent poetry) do very well commercially.

You could always just start up a blog or a medium.com account, slowly put your poems up on there, and release a book once the page gains enough of a following.
I don't know. I think I may honestly be on the spectrum and it has gone undiagnosed my whole life probably because my drug use was always to blame.
Fucking psychiatrists. Could be worth finding a psychiatrist who won't blame it on "dRuGz" if you have health insurance/don't live in the USA. The validation of having a formal diagnosis for something after years of psychiatrists blaming it on trauma/"teenage hormones"/"drugs" is pretty nice.

Words carry weight that other human creations do not.

I never finished high school. I have zero formal education.

The only thing holding me back from accomplishing many things is my horrendous self esteem and anxiety.

I don't know. I think I may honestly be on the spectrum and it has gone undiagnosed my whole life probably because my drug use was always to blame. I wouldn't be saying that at 33 years old if I didn't really believe it. I've mentioned it to family, they always kinda laugh or downplay it, so I don't talk about it much.

but thanks, friend, a great compliment :)
If you can dream you can do, honestly

Don't give a fuck about your level of education, US schools are not exactly the place where people get smart. Your universities are the equivalent of a daycare centre

your writing is good, that's what matters, and you could easily make money with the skills you have. There's lots of courses, websites, etc. to learn how to write efficiently, form, story structure, etc. pp.

The form, the sentencing, any ape can learn that, it's the images, the stories, the ideas that count, and you either have that or you don't.

You could always just start up a blog or a medium.com account, slowly put your poems up on there, and release a book once the page gains enough of a following.
You inspire me.... :)

Fucking psychiatrists. Could be worth finding a psychiatrist who won't blame it on "dRuGz" if you have health insurance/don't live in the USA. The validation of having a formal diagnosis for something after years of psychiatrists blaming it on trauma/"teenage hormones"/"drugs" is pretty nice.
I've had good... and painfully bad. The eternal dilemna, do you tell them all the drugs you've taken and get sectioned off in some mad druggy chicken coop? Or do you pretend to be the unfortunately mad innocent?

My psychosis was drug induced, so in the last 4 years I've been forced to be honest above all. Otherwise it would simply be a disservice to myself.

Don't give a fuck about your level of education, US schools are not exactly the place where people get smart. Your universities are the equivalent of a daycare centre
I don't, and I agree. I know many college graduates... ivy league... who are obnoxiously low in real intelligence.

I often get jealous, not because they had the money to go there... but how they squander it and pursue the dull things in life. I could probably be a PHD student, and I don't say that lightly. Jealousy has no place in my heart, though.

your writing is good, that's what matters, and you could easily make money with the skills you have.
thanks, I agree, and I have freelanced many times before (branding, graphics, web design), but never writing. I'm going to look into writing, I guess I just need to build a portfolio.

The form, the sentencing, any ape can learn that, it's the images, the stories, the ideas that count, and you either have that or you don't.
yes

writing needs to be...
bang,
bang,
bang....

every line needs to carry it's own weight

bang, bang, bang

so much writing feels like Lorem ipsum, empty placeholders for meaning... a waste of letters and words...

thanks guys :) made my day

True to form, this has a distinct Bukowski feeling to it. Excellent.