View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Gram of shrooms took me by surprise

watermellon

Bluelighter
One of my brothers friends grows mush and gave me a g to sample last night. I wasn't really expecting much as my usual dose is around an 8th but holy shit I tripped pretty hard. Open and closed eye visuals, deep introspective thoughts and the whole 9 yards. I'd say it was comparable to 2g of some run of the mill cubes I usually get.

Anyone else get pleasantly surprised when they weren't expecting much off a small dose?

my first trip was exactly 2.7 grams. I tripped super hard, especially in the first hour of the trip.
My trips have phases and each phase is a different type of trip, i can trip in like 5 different ways over one mushroom trip tho.
I wasn't expecting much because people were telling me to eat a whole eighth.
But i wanted to give my friend a bit too... she had a decent experience actually off just .8 grams

Same here man i get the gist of what you're saying. For me it comes in waves, like I'll be wrapped up in all the visuals then be immersed in introspective/philosophical thinking, then I'll be reflecting on myself and on some of the stuff I've done in that past that wasn't exactly good, like my past heroin addiction. I love shrooms, love acid too but for me it seems like shrooms make me feel more connected with the earth than acid does. To me Shrooms have very earthy undertones while acid I cant really describe but i feel more at one with the world with mush if that makes sense

My first and best mushroom trip was one of the peak experiences of my life, I have never been so far with mushrooms again, and it was 1.75 grams.

sometimes mushrooms are REALLY strong, and they catch ya off guard like that

I tripped insanely hard off less than a gram lemon tek'd one time, aand my friend tripped mildly, but still tripped nonetheless, off a small sip of my lemon tek and a single stem.

caps are better than stems. some sellers don't know that so you can request all caps saying they taste better or whatever.

I grow my own, and I had one jar of colonized rye grain that I had forgotten about, so I placed it in an automatic fruiting chamber and forgot about that as well. A month later I saw 3 mushrooms poking up out of the top of the rye, so I plucked and dried them. Wasn't expecting much - for about 1/2 hour my vision was separated into 8 vertical panels with each panel alternately shifted up or down by one foot. I had a difficult time walking; it was like trying to navigate in a house of mirrors. I couldn't pick up a beer, operate the remote or pick music, so I just laid back on the couch and watched.

^ Was one of the very few uncomfortable trips I've had - for some reason I became convinced that I had permanently damaged the rods/cones in my eyes.

But it was 3 grams, not necessarily a small dose, but surprising noentheless.

Tom