Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Graduate Project on Hallucinogens

Paradisum

Bluelighter
Hello Folks,

I am currently in a Clinical MA program and I have to do a project on Hallucinogens for my treatment of substance abuse in families and individuals course. I had a simple question I could not find the answer too. What sub categories are within the hallucinogen (psychedelic) drug class. I wanted to go more in depth and let the class know that we can break these drugs down into deleriants, tryptamines, phens, dissosociatives, etc. I am also looking for some interesting articles about the positive aspects of these substances. There seems to be more than enough information in class and text books about "negative" aspects. Anywho just wondering if I am missing any other groups. THANKS!

The Psychedelic Drugs Index

Glad I could help ;)

Really, all the info you're looking for is out there. Check out Erowid, our index here, and if you have more questions that you truly can't find answers to on your own, I'm sure we can help you out. Erowid is great source for finding studies. I wrote my capstone essay for my undergrad about "The History of Psychedelic Drug Culture" and honestly, I found all the links to medical journals, historical documents, etc. that I needed on Erowid. It's invaluable as a medical resource. If you ever meet a doctor that doesn't respect Erowid, they're a quack. Don't let em treat you :p

Hallucinogen =/= psychedelic. Out of the terms you listed hallucinogen would be the most broad umbrella term, under which you have deleriants, psychedelics, and dissociatives. Then under the term psychedelics, phenethylamines, tryptamines, and ergoloids.

But as Creamy McGravy Pants said, all the information is out there. If you're doing a project then you should be doing the research, not asking us to do it for you.

Hallucinogen =/= psychedelic. Out of the terms you listed hallucinogen would be the most broad umbrella term, under which you have deleriants, psychedelics, and dissociatives. Then under the term psychedelics, phenethylamines, tryptamines, and ergoloids.

But as Creamy McGravy Pants said, all the information is out there. If you're doing a project then you should be doing the research, not asking us to do it for you.

Gotcha! I was just curious if there was anything that I was missing or maybe some small info. But great areas to look thanks so much!

i hope your school is cool with that...doing a project on a hallucinogenic drug in grad school got me some negative attention.

i hope your school is cool with that...doing a project on a hallucinogenic drug in grad school got me some negative attention.

It was actually assigned to me! We were all assigned different drugs like stimulants, opiates and so forth. Pepperdine's professors take a very scientific and unbiased approach. It is all about educating their students at all ends of the spectrum. :)