• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Got tempted

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Snorted a thirty Roxi and I?m on Suboxone. I felt it but there was really no euphoria and it seemed to only last a little while. I guess that?s why they give them to opiate addicts. Wulp that really kills my want to buy something I won?t get off on. I read ppl saying they took both and got the effect.

I?ve also read where ppl didn?t feel anything or got sick so I don?t know who to believe other than my own body. I?m three weeks into my Suboxone maintaince. And so far it has given me my life back. I just got tempted and was craving. I?m going to see if they can up my bumper to sixteen and that?s the highest I?m going. I?m too scared about the horror stories of withdrawal. I really like bupe because it gives you your life back.

You can focus on goals you want to reach. And most doctors that know your trying to get clean will be all for you getting better. I feel guilty for getting it I must admit. I?m not going to let that deter me from reaching my goals in life.

Wulp everyone wish me luck in my recovery. I know I won?t be getting anymore pain pills. It useless and really you have to focus on what you?re trying to do in life. Get better or starve off withdrawals? I?m tryi to pull my life back together.

Your post is really scatterbrained, are you asking if taking that 30 will throw you into withdrawals or stopping your suboxone?

Subs block all other opiates so trying to get high will be useless, the other opiates won't be able to bind to the receptors in your brain because buprenorphine is stuck on them tight.

You pretty much answered my question. I was wondering if I take my sub tomorrow will I feel like crap?

Precipitated withdrawal can occur from taking suboxone too soon after opiates. Try to put off taking it until later in the day. Once the oxy is out of your system, you should be okay. I used to flip flop quite a bit between oxy, methadone and suboxone. Don't feel guilty because you might need a higher dose. You're on 8 mg now right? Glad to see you trying to get your life back together and wish you luck. We're here for you! :)

Hey brotha, don?t get down on yourself look what a great step you made in getting your life back with getting on Subs! If you?re stable on suboxone already and you introduce a full agonist (oxy) into your system you don?t have to worry about precipitated withdrawals as it works the other way around, like if you?re dependent upon a full agonist and then you were to introduce Suboxone into your system before most of it has time to clear out.

I think, given that you've only had the one dose of Oxycodone, that you won't have any issues with resuming your Buprenorphine, no harm done. I'm gonna close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.