• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Good weed + medication combos?

talkin2myself

Bluelighter
I'm wondering wich kind of medications would enchance the effects of weed? I already tried benzos (Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan), they're a nice combo, especially with Klonopin. Since I'm a daily smoker sometimes it's hard to fall asleep after a night of smoking, in those cases I use trazodone (Desyrel, Trittico) and Valerian root to fall asleep.

I was on Wellbutrin SR for a while, that's a big NO, it killed my buzz, fuck that shit, I wasted a joint.

So long story short here's my questions:

- what kind of other medications would you recommend to combine with weed (antidepressants, painkillers, anything?)
- what kind of medication should I avoid as a daily smoker?
- I got some Seroquel (quetiapine), and I always felt like it would get along with weed nicely (in small doses, 25-50 mgs). Any experiences about that?

Last edited:
I think you're missing the point of psychotropic medications.

Have you tried using cannabis by itself? It's the least dangerous/addictive/processed/etc of all those things you mentioned, why not just use cannabis?

I'm a med-head, I just love to pop pills. And I have a doc, who prescribes almost everything I ask for.

I enjoy weed by itself, but if I can get higher/more relaxed, why not?

On occasion I enjoy a beer, diazepam and cannabis combo.

It's a nice satisfying kind of buzz.

In the interests of harm reduction I must point out the obvious; that combining alcohol and benzos is not good for you and should not be done habitually.

I'm a med-head, I just love to pop pills. And I have a doc, who prescribes almost everything I ask for.

I enjoy weed by itself, but if I can get higher/more relaxed, why not?

So you're not worried about HR?

That's cool. To each their own.

On occasion I enjoy a beer, diazepam and cannabis combo.

It's a nice satisfying kind of buzz.

In the interests of harm reduction I must point out the obvious; that combining alcohol and benzos is not good for you and should not be done habitually.

In all seriousness, it makes me extremely happy when people who love benzo's are starting to be sensible and aware enough to be completely upfront about the dangers associated with them (typically, by "dangers" i mean in massive habitual doses and/or combined with other substances-- I feel like Xanax is relatively harmless if you take medicinal doses instead of trying to intentionally bar out and black out.) I've always felt like it's best to make educated decisions when it comes to using drugs, and that's so hard when all you can find are junkies/pillheads/weedheads/cokeheads etc. singing ungodly praises about their DOC but completely ignoring the fact that, with some of those drugs and habits, those people that seem so blissful are effectively fucking their body and mind up-- sometimes beyond repair.

A few years back you'd be hard-pressed to find a majority of folks on this forum (CD, not all of bluelight) trying to be completely objective when explaining their views on substance abuse and their particular drug(s) of choice.

I might be imagining it but I feel like I've noticed this gradual change in a lot of the people who frequent CD these days and I really, really like it.

Last edited:
I'm wondering wich kind of medications would enchance the effects of weed? I already tried benzos (Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan), they're a nice combo, especially with Klonopin. Since I'm a daily smoker sometimes it's hard to fall asleep after a night of smoking, in those cases I use trazodone (Desyrel, Trittico) and Valerian root to fall asleep.

I was on Wellbutrin SR for a while, that's a big NO, it killed my buzz, fuck that shit, I wasted a joint.

So long story short here's my questions:

- what kind of other medications would you recommend to combine with weed (antidepressants, painkillers, anything?)
- what kind of medication should I avoid as a daily smoker?
- I got some Seroquel (quetiapine), and I always felt like it would get along with weed nicely (in small doses, 25-50 mgs). Any experiences about that?

We aren't here to recommend you to take any drugs. Habitual pharmaceutical usage is unhealthy and not in the spirit of HR. You can find information on some pills you may be interested in combining with Cannabis and we can aid you with how to do them safely such as taking reasonable doses orally and leaving for occasional use.

Painkillers (in terms of addiction) would probably be the worst to get into taking often with weed and anti-depressants are not advised nor will be worthwhile as antidepressants take weeks to build up in the brain to do their original intended purpose.
Seroquel has anticholinergic effects like cannabis and you may experience additive effects with this combination. It may not be the most pleasant, however.
Benzos, muscle relaxants and sleeping pills will simply just make you more sleepy and the ones with strong GABAergic effects will take from the weed euphoria IME.

Uppers tend to not mix well with cannabis as they have a tendency to have the user's heart rate very high which can lead to panic attacks. At least in my experience.

You may not need to avoid any medication as a daily smoker as weed has little to no interactions with most medication afaik.

adderall, or really any ampthetamine, and weed is a great combo. especially with indica. the adderall makes the weed way more powerful and some people even get hallucinations on it. ive seen rainbow spirals, tunnels, flashing patterns, pictures moving, and a ton more. ive even had an OBE trip! its too long to explain here so i'll put a link to another post of me describing it. ive had the most experience mixing adderall with weed, but ive mixed weed with methylphenidate(ritalin) and lisdexamfetamine(vyvanse) before too. methylphenidate was great but not as good as adderall, lisdexamfetamine i liked about the same as adderall.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ence-powerful-visuals?p=13155577#post13155577

Please don't mix antidepressants with weed to increase your high that's just dumb.
If your asking about this you should do some research as your knowledge of Pharms is probably slim to none. I suggest getting a caffienated beverage then smoking and maybe just maybe doing some reading as to avoid pointless combos.

Im not saying to do this just replying what i think is a good combo. Gabapentin is wonderful while smoking.. I use to love it soo much till i lost my gabe script. So is hydrocodone.. Makes you soo much more chill and feel it more. So is oxycodone.. Sativa with oxy was awesome for me made for some good euphoria. Xanax/kpin sucks imo cause soon as i smoke i just wanna go to bed. Drinking while smoking gives me the spins. Id avoid those last two. Or just a good ol coffee with a sativa strain is awesome too..