• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

GOOD TAR but too acidic, need harm reduction tips on lowering acidity

KillTheKick

Greenlighter
Hey bluelighters- So there's a nice batch of tar that's overly acidic to smoke. IV isn't an option and plugging is good but not convenient to do, so smoking is the only method. The problem is the acidity is super high. The product is clean and the trails are nicely golden n clear without specs of misc crap in it. The effects are nice but it's the damn acidity that ruins it. I mean, it burns the fuck out of your throat every hit. The first pass isn't bad but once you start going back over the trail it's terrible to smoke. The fumes are way too pungent.

With this said, I've spent countless hours and days reading all over the internet looking for tips on how to lessen the acidity for a smoother less harmful experience and don't find anything. I've seen ONE mention of someone saying to add some drops of water on it and it'll help, or take X amount on a plate and add some water to mix around without making it into TOO much of a liquid form, and then warm it in the microwave for X amount of time and Viola, less pungent tar, and potentially even gun powder tar.

Does anyone at all have any harm reduction advice on this matter? I am awfully surprised there hasn't been more discussion on this on the internet. If there's a way to make it a much nicer stash, at the result of losing a couple grams, so be it. Please help.

Seriously? No one has a tip for deacidifying this gear? This is bluelight folks, help a dude out!!

This is also for HARM REDUCTION! I don't care if I lose half the weight I just want a better smoke. I've read all the heroin helper threads etc but I don't have a chemistry lab.

Come on, someone has to have had luck with this.

Have you tried using just a small amount of sodium bicarbonate(baking soda)?

I haven't tried that yet. I did read that it may help. What do u do exactly? Do u just put a small dab of it on the piece you're gonna smoke? Or do u have to use water too and then evaporate after it's all mixed together and wet all around? Have u had luck with that?

Hey bluelighters- So there's a nice batch of tar that's overly acidic to smoke. IV isn't an option and plugging is good but not convenient to do, so smoking is the only method.

what about snorting

Honestly I was in the "tar community" for a while and I've never heard of someone being bothered by this, or at least not enough to try and correct the situation...so I'm not sure I can offer much in the way of valuable advice. I've smoked harsh, "acrid" tar before, though, the kind that kicks you a bit in the throat...a lot of times it seemed to me that the tar which would almost turn a kind of reddish hue as it turned into a puddle & ran down the foil seemed to be a regular culprit...I think I read on this site once that they call that kind of tar "pigeon blood" on the west coast? IDK. Anyway I remember it being kind of harsh, although ultimately not too bad, and the effects were decent