• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Good idea or deathwish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketamania

Bluelight Crew
*NOTICE: I AM NOT ATTEMPTING THIS*

I am posing this question to explore the possibilities of this combination.

In my researching I happened to find this on the DXM wiki page:

" DXM is freely soluble in chloroform"

Well that's interesting. DXM and chloroform sounds like a good idea right (or not)?

I've never tried chloroform but from what I've read, it knocks a person out. The medical community stopped using chloroform as an anesthetic because it can cause heart arrhythmia and respiratory failure. My opinion is no, this would not be a good idea. I would advise just using DXM by itself. Stay safe my friend!

Doesn?t DXM cause respiratory depression to a degree? If so chloroform would probably not be the best thing to combine with it, especially at recreational doses.

Chloroform is also metabolized into phosgene, which is a very potent acylating agent and will damage your liver. I think there have been cases where people developed liver failure from a single chloroform anesthesia.

I've tried many unconventional solvents, but even I stayed away from chloroform.

E: it's DXM freebase that is freely soluble in chloroform. I think DXM salts would have lousy solubility.

Sounds like a bad idea, as combining DXM with alcohol is dangerous due to respiratory depression. Mixing it with chloroform would likely lead to even more serious respiratory depression.

I agree, chloroform is too risky to even consider with DXM. Especially with the respiratory depression, and potential liver toxicity.

Hey there ashwolf! I see that you're a fairly green member, so I would just like to give you some gentle redirection in terms of your posted content. I totally get that you have a curiosity regarding the listed drugs, but I just want you to consider, from a philosophical perspective, how it looks when you make a thread that takes up valuable space on our front page for a mere curiosity that you admittedly don't even intend to try. I am not saying you're evil, malicious or even negative in any way, I just would like you to consider the fact that perhaps, we should only be creating threads that benefit both yourself and hopefully, the community.

There's nothing wrong with being curious man, but we have to treat everybody equally and if this were anyone else, new member or old, I would be saying the same thing. You don't intend to do this, so I would consider conducting your own research into chloroform and how it might effect a person. I will echo what T. has implied quite accurately, in the chloroform is no longer used in the developed world as it is considered to be generally unsafe.

I wouldn't use chloroform if I were you. I encourage you to conduct some research on the topic, as Wikipedia will provide 90% of the content that you're seeking, but I'm going to close this for the above-stated reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.