• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gonna try adderall for the first time...Need some input,

Hm, well I guess you should always start low with anything for the sake of HR.

Never know how your body will react to different chemicals. I think I may have a natural tolerance to stimulants. Even coffee has never been able to wake me up, even before my amphetamine usage.

I Ended up giving it a try tonight. I crushed the beads up and parachuted it. It was pretty fun for a while, then I went to a party that felt super hot and i was sweating my balls off. It is now 4:21 a.m. and i can't sleep. Overall not too bad

Amphetamines are not like Opioids in that they kill accidentally on a fairly regular basis. You can become very, very intoxicated and tweaked on Amphetamines, but it takes a very large dosage to cause permanent harm to an individual. This is generally referred to as a drug's "therapeutic index". I'm not saying there are no risks involved, but in general, getting high on some Adderall now and then is pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things.

I think ~80mg is going to be a high(er) dose for someone with no previous tolerance, but definitely not out of the question. As you've experienced, it will likely leave you unable to eat or sleep for a little while, which is no fun. If you'l like a less intense, more predictable experience that will enable you to sleep normally the same evening, maybe try 40mg next time.