• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Going to doctor tomorrow... Need advice

AbsolutDoc

Bluelighter
Whats up everyone,
I've asked for advice before and got some great results.. So i'm asking again.

Quick backstory: I've had major surgeries in the past 2 and a half years. Pancreatitis, followed by 5 hernias, which lead to an abdominal implant which has been giving me trouble this whole time.
I was put on a regiment of 5/325 Percocet 3 times a day for a year or so.
I recently had complications from the Pancreatitis surgery which left a hole in my duodenum (beginning of small intestine) which they thought would heal on it's own. Well that recently opened back up creating a fistula(a cavity collecting fluid in between two organs/tissues.. that shouldn't be there) my blood tests said my liver enzymes were high (AST and ALT) so they took me off of Percocets and put me on 10mg Oxycodone according to the hospitals discharge papers.
I was called back into the hospital recently and while in the hospital they gave me 15mg Oxy ever 4 hours with Dilaudid subcutaneous every 3 hours.
Upon release they wrote in discharge papers 10 mg Oxy 4x daily.
Last time I was at Pain doc I asked about a 12 hour pain reliever, he suggested we wait for the liver enzymes to go down

*Let me explain, I am on what is called TPN (Total Parental Nutrition) which is basically IV nutrition, skipping the digestive track all together so my duodenum can heal. In TPN users Liver enzymes shoot through the roof when they first start.*

So now after weekly blood tests my liver enzymes are down.
I also want to tell you that I like to snort the oxy's along with taking them orally, I get good pain relief that way as well as snort dilaudids 4 mg's. Equivalent to 2 each a day. and that reduces my oral intake of Oxy's down to once or twice a day.

Here is my question:
My appointment is tomorrow. Do I ask for some Long term relief like Oxycontin with Oxy IR in between? He put me on Morphine Sulfate ER before and I hated it - No pain relief at all.
The hospital suggested 10mg of Oxy 4 times a day as I said, but I don't think he likes to prescribe more than 100 at a time.

I would like to get anyone's suggestions on this situation.
Thanks!
~Doc

Whats up everyone,
I've asked for advice before and got some great results.. So i'm asking again.

Quick backstory: I've had major surgeries in the past 2 and a half years. Pancreatitis, followed by 5 hernias, which lead to an abdominal implant which has been giving me trouble this whole time.
I was put on a regiment of 5/325 Percocet 3 times a day for a year or so.
I recently had complications from the Pancreatitis surgery which left a hole in my duodenum (beginning of small intestine) which they thought would heal on it's own. Well that recently opened back up creating a fistula(a cavity collecting fluid in between two organs/tissues.. that shouldn't be there) my blood tests said my liver enzymes were high (AST and ALT) so they took me off of Percocets and put me on 10mg Oxycodone according to the hospitals discharge papers.
I was called back into the hospital recently and while in the hospital they gave me 15mg Oxy ever 4 hours with Dilaudid subcutaneous every 3 hours.
Upon release they wrote in discharge papers 10 mg Oxy 4x daily.
Last time I was at Pain doc I asked about a 12 hour pain reliever, he suggested we wait for the liver enzymes to go down

*Let me explain, I am on what is called TPN (Total Parental Nutrition) which is basically IV nutrition, skipping the digestive track all together so my duodenum can heal. In TPN users Liver enzymes shoot through the roof when they first start.*

So now after weekly blood tests my liver enzymes are down.
I also want to tell you that I like to snort the oxy's along with taking them orally, I get good pain relief that way as well as snort dilaudids 4 mg's. Equivalent to 2 each a day. and that reduces my oral intake of Oxy's down to once or twice a day.

Here is my question:
My appointment is tomorrow. Do I ask for some Long term relief like Oxycontin with Oxy IR in between? He put me on Morphine Sulfate ER before and I hated it - No pain relief at all.
The hospital suggested 10mg of Oxy 4 times a day as I said, but I don't think he likes to prescribe more than 100 at a time.

I would like to get anyone's suggestions on this situation.
Thanks!
~Doc
I would ask for whatever you think is best. Remember, you're paying them and they work for you, not the other way around. Worst they can do is say no, but yes, if that's what you think is best I would recommend asking for it.

Any time. That was really helpful advice I was given while in detox. They were trying to push an antipsychotic pill called seroquil on me day and night and at first I was afraid to tell the doc to stop (since the detox unit was technically considered a psych ward they made a ton of money giving everyone seroquil, so literally every single person there was put on it), but with that advice I just told the doc that if he continued prescribing it to me during the day I'd just refuse to take it, and that worked for me. :)

Man these doctors get people so hooked to pain meds. I'm not saying you don't need them and that they don't improve your quality of life, it just sucks that they are so hard to get off in the end and usually lead to severe addiction.