• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Going to dabble with dxm. Any insight beforehand?

PsychaStevic

Bluelight Crew
So I'd like to think im an experienced Psychedelic user. I've done LSD, DMT, & shrooms too many times to count between the three and have never really had a bad trip or panic attack. I can usually steer myself in the right direction when I feel a trip going south. I've decided to give the L a break for a bit and step into something new, <<<drumroll>>> DXM. Can anyone give me a basic dxm rundown. I understand to get syrup containing only dxm with no apap or guaifenisen* (as close as I can remember how to spell it at the moment). I'm talking about the plateaus and how much if a good starting dose to really get the dxm experience? All advice appreciated

Don't expect the same level of depth as LSD or shrooms. At normal doses DXM is very druggish and disorienting and it can be very uncomfortable if you're expecting a trip. Take it in an enviorment where you can get fucked up and not have to worry about how you act, it's still a really fun drug.

Don't expect the same level of depth as LSD or shrooms. At normal doses DXM is very druggish and disorienting and it can be very uncomfortable if you're expecting a trip. Take it in an enviorment where you can get fucked up and not have to worry about how you act, it's still a really fun drug.

I figured it was more or less an internal trip rather than major visuals or anything, hence why everyones taking acid and not Robitussin :'). Is there a good starting dose you'd recommend and any ways of consumption to make it easier or is it best to just drink the syrup right out the bottle?

My recommendation would be to find the Robitussin Gel Caps which do not contain any additives, just DXM. You can find them at most CVS stores or at Walgreens (called Wal-Tussin). They come in a small bottle and are red oval shaped gel caps.

As for insight:
What cyberius has posted is true. It's extremely disorienting, especially in higher doses (500-600+ mg). The visuals aren't colorful like they are with classic psychedelics (LSD, Shrooms, etc.), but instead they are very dark. I suggest you trip in a dark environment/room as it seems to be fitting for DXM. I find it also to be very enjoyable to simply lay down, listen to music, and close your eyes. The feelings you will experience are almost unbelievable. Tactile hallucinations, out of body feelings, almost as if you are floating in some sort of DXM dimension, spinning around, changing sizes, its really cool actually. You have to let go and not be anxious though, just relax and let the disassociation take place.

Robogell fell caps are not what I would reccomend the plastic makes the nasua worse nothing beats robotussin syrup that contains just dxm. Or do a simple water extraction on delsym mix a 3oz bottle of delsym into a jug of water let the dxm separate to the bottom drain out the water then evaperate whats left then put the pure dxm polistyrex in capsules this would produce a mild trip tho because polistyrex is time release.

Thanks for the tips. What's the dosage for a good dxm trip as far as the plateaus go and their effects? And do you have any techniques on taking this without/minimal nausea?

1. DXM can get incredibly deep if you let it. This doesn't change the fact that it is disorienting and confusing. You just have to know that the best way to take it is in a dark room with ambient/downtempo music playing, and in no way put yourself in a situation where interaction with the outside world is needed. Having to even change the music will completely take you out of the experience and force maximum focus for even the tiniest of tasks. I would have agreed to it's lack of depth had I wrote this 5-7 DXM trips back in time, but after more experience it's just as deep as MXE and as psychedelics is.

2. Gel caps are the way to go. Every syrup is disgusting and for me it starts the experience off poorly if I'm having to ingest what feels like poison.

3. For dosage, go for the third plateau and use a DXM dosage calculator online to find how much DXM that requires for your bodyweight. Don't go fourth, believe me.

4. As said above, prepare your space with good speakers (good headphones also work, but the feeling of bass resonating in one's body while on DXM is orgasmic and soul massaging), a bottle of water, and anything else that may be necessary to keep you comfortable for a quite some time. Swallow your DXM and turn on the music. Turn off the lights, lay down, and wait for it to come, staying acutely aware of everything going on in your body. There ya go.

Now, as for music. Here is what my DXM playlist consists of that I turn on as soon as I dose, and it lines up pretty damn well for the experience. Recreate this on Spotify or download these albums and create a playlist on iTunes, etc.

-

UNKLE - Lonely Soul - only the track, no album
Explosions in the Sky - The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place
Exist Strategy - Dreamcatcher
The Orb - The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld
Mononome - The Secret Melody
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Massive Attack - Protection
Kruder & Dorfmeister - The K&D Sessions
Thievery Corporation - The Cosmic Game

-

Which of course is a lot of music, but if you aren't feeling an album then you can skip it. But this is what I put on literally every time I do DXM or MXE (RIP).

Have fun, DXM is an immensely beautiful chemical if you respect it and understand how to listen to it <3

EDIT: Yes, and weed is unreal on it. I crave it deeply if I even so much as remember weed exists while on DXM without any.

Last edited:
I don't have time to write a detailed response right now but I will tell you that my first time with dxm was high 2nd plateau that hit 3rd plateau at one point and it was the best drug experience I could've ever asked for.

Also, I must be in the minority here, but I get so much more nausea from the gel caps, must be an ingredient in the actual capsules but my stomach really doesn't like it. I get minimal nausea from syrup but I also don't chug.

Oh, and WEED!! Smoke it. It not only takes care of the nausea for me but also enhances the high to such an extent that I won't do dxm without it.

Thanks for the tips. What's the dosage for a good dxm trip as far as the plateaus go and their effects? And do you have any techniques on taking this without/minimal nausea?

Dosage is very weight dependent with dxm, but if you google "dxm dosage calculator" you'll get a website that does the math for you and IME it's very accurate when you don't have a tolerance. And my personal technique to avoid nausea is staggering doses of syrup (usually it'll take me just over 2 hours to do my full dose, I like it this way because dxm can come on uncomfortably strong if you dose all at once) and smoking a lot of weed. Even splitting your dose in half is better than doing it all at once, taking a full dose in one go was the only time I ever puked.