View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Going to a concert on LSD

zzirgrizz

Greenlighter
I've taken LSD many times, though I have never taken it at any sort of event or anything. I'm going to an August Burns Red concert in a few months with very little concert experience. I've only ever gone to a Metallica and Three Days Grace concert in my life. I was thinking that LSD would help me to enjoy it and let loose since I'm not much of a concert person (even though I love music) and generally just stand idly listening. ABR is a pretty heavy band though so I don't really know what it will be like and I'm not sure if LSD would make the noise level unbearable or anything. I've never had a bad trip or anything close, but I'd still like to see if it would be a good idea.

Last edited:
LSD is awesome for experiencing music. I would definitely bring some hearing protection, it makes the experience so much more enjoyable, it's like having a volume knob for your ears. Get some slightly pro earplugs from a music store, not the construction grade foam ones - those will just muffle everything.

Usually smaller doses are recommended for this kind of thing, especially if you haven't done much music-on-acid. Maybe go for a half to a whole dose, depending how strong they are.

I'm not much of a metal fan, but I'd totally like to see Metallica on acid.

LSD can be a fantastic concert drug. I've used it as such and had a great time. I agree with perpetualdawn that a lower-than-normal dose is recommended.

THAT SAID,

You should carefully consider the reason why you're "not much of a concert person." Taking LSD in an environment you don't enjoy might be unsatisfying. When I use LSD, I sometimes feel the urge to avoid crowds of people. Since you have some experience with the drug, you probably know best how you'll react. All the same, think carefully before tripping in a setting you're not comfortable with.

Metal and Lsd Not sure how I would feel about that one. I guess if your really into metal it would be cool. L at a show in my opinion will do a couple things... Either loosen you up or make you think way too much about whats going on around you and might end up making you have not so good of a time. It should be fine though. If you want a drug to really getting your motor going at a show. Try some solid MDMA

I second the hearing protection! I was tripping balls on L at very loud metal show, and was getting into the music standing directly in front of the PA like a dumbass! For some reason it didn't dawn on me that my hearing was being damaged, and I developed pretty bad tinnitus (ear ringing) that never went away. As if my ears said fuck it!

I did that same thing at a WSP show!! Fuct my ears proper!

I would say it depends on what kind of crowd the show brings of I was going to dose.,...most shows I go to the crowd is dosed so it's all good, but a metal show may be a bit different....

My favorite place to take LSD is at a festival, so an all day thing. It's no coincidence that my favorite bands of a three day festival are always the ones I watch whilst peaking on acid!

I think it would be a good idea, just do a dose you know you could handle around other people, so for me that would be about 150ug.

If you aren't going to be at the gig for the entire duration of the trip make sure you have someone to drive you home, or herd you to public transport :p

I love taking bug doses of lsd at festivals but depnds on music and venue.
I live near the gorge and I love getting spun ther but when it comes,to raves andd parties like that I like taking just one hit or half if its,miced high just enough to have,me bouncing around feeling good.