• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Going through withdrawl from 20mcg butrans patch need advice on suboxone

SunkissedGirl

Greenlighter
Hi everyone. So I have been seeing the same pain management doctor for three years. As the practice got really overwhelmed by patients they hired an APRN to see patients too. I was ok with seeing her instead of the doctor. So three years ago the Doc put me on a butrans patch and hydrocodone. Right now the hydrocodone are 10mg each take 4 a day. The butrans patch is 20mcg wear for 7 days.

I am now going through withdrawl from the patch because I go there on Monday and see the nurse and I get the scripts. Both had a do not fill until on them. I noticed when I got home the patch script do not fill had to be a mistake. I had put my last patch on, on the 21st so due to be changed/filled the 27th. Mind you I've been changing my patch on the 7th day and counting the day you put a new one on as day one... For years and NOT ONCS had an issue with the dates not being on the same day it needed to be changed.until now. It says do not fill until July 1st. I called saying I am due to put a new patch on this is a mistake. They were relaying messages from the nurse to me. She basically said "if" I think I'm going to have withdrawals go to the ER. I was pissed. My dad is already in a hole bc of my IV infusion treatments. I'm under their care and I told them how is it that after three years suddenly the fill date is not on the same day as the day I need to change my patch!? They had no answers and said there is nothing they can do. I feel very upset and feel that as a patient of three years I'm being neglected. I know the doctor can help me if he really cared to. I am having chills, sweats, no desire to eat not to mention the pain I feel.

What should I do? Should I call them today and say I want to speak to the doctor as to why this isn't making sense after all this time and going to the ER for withdrawl help especially bc I'm a type 1 diabetic is unacceptable. I'm under your care. It's at the point where bc the nurse yesterday had no solution I am trying to get subutex to get me through till the 1st. As a type 1 diabetic I need to be able to eat and take care of that and withdrawals are making it harder and harder.

Also if I get an 8mg strip of suboxone how much should I start with? Also do I stop taking the hydrocodone bc wouldn't that just mess up any withdrawl help? Thanks

yeah, i would call them up immediately and tell a doctor how stupid this situation is - they have a duty of cre and they can;'t just pass that off and blame clerical error.
and if you get some subs start small and work your way up if you neeed to. i would start on 1mg under the tongue - and yeah you wouldn't be able to take hydro with subs and you may need to wait 24 hours from your last hydro dose or you could experience precipitated withdrawals (they suck).

Thank you for the advice keeping. I still am in withdrawals I'm trying to be strong. The doctors office was supposed to fix it but now the insurance company needs his approval. I thought I was going to feel better and got a call from the pharmacy!! I'm rdy to explode! The doctor said they'd have it all taken care of tomorrow morning first thing! But at this rate I'm not holding my breathe. I told this person I know to bring me subs ASAP! Like tonight right now. I am so upset about this. And they know they messed up because they literally had the practice manager drive my script to the cvs. Well she offered bc I can't drive and they were in the farther away office. This is a nightmare. I hope my friend comes soon with subs I'm so clammy and feel terrible. My spine hurts so bad.

I just cut up an 8mg strip and am dissolving 2mg hope it helps and I took a few hydros around 5:30 so hope I'll be ok

how're you feeling now sunkissedgirl? no issues from taking the subs and hydros together/ :p

After dissolving the first 2mg at 10:00pm I started to feel what seemed better. I stopped being so clammy and could focus more. But I also had a migraine last night and that wouldn't go away. I did get some chills and got really scared I was having precipitated w/D's but they went away after a little and I just had the blanket on me. Then I went up to my bed and still didn't feel totally ok so at 1:00am I dissolved another 2mg under my tounge and ended up getting a slight euphoric feeling but kinda the same as when I put a new patch on nothing crazy but it's there so after that I fell asleep. Just got up and going to call the doctors office and hope insurance will let the pharmacy fill the damn patches once they get the docs approval which idk why no one did that yesterday!!! I'm beyond fed up.

Also idk depending on what happens if I should keep taking small doses of sub or take my Vicodin during the day. My body is used to having the bupe/hydros at the same time from the patches. I need to force myself to eat breakfast. Anyone have advice? I just don't want my body to get used to the subs and then when hopefully my patches get filled they won't be as effective. Idk how 20mcg an hour equates to mg of bupe. But I've had these patches on for three years so that's probably why 4mg made me feel better instead of 2mg. Although 2mg did help.

Thanks I just posted how it went. If anyone has more knowledge about subs and hydrocodone or the equivalent for a 20mcg butrans patch I'd appreciate the input. I'm calling the pain management office right now praying they fixed the insurance issue and I can get them today!

Umm so the dumb girl who works at the front desk has no clue ever what she's talking about. She's a brat! I call asking nicely I'm checking to see if anyone has called the insurance company yet? And she was like no not yet we are really busy today. You can call sometimes that helps... Um no you people need to. And she's like even after it can take 24-72 hours to go through. Wtf!!! I've had it. I am getting the feeling the nurse doesn't care either. I have the practice managers cell # I can call or text her if I wanted to and say why has no one done anything yet!?

Anyone know what I should do? My back hurts but I'm also feeling chills and w/D's coming back. Idk if I should take two hydros for the pain equaling 20mg or 2mg of suboxone? Because later if I feel withdrawals from the patch I'm afraid of precipitated w/D's from taking hydrocodone. My boyfriend is telling me to take my hydros right now

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽if you haven't taken any subs yet i would finish off your hydros then wait a day and then take the subs