• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Going on suboxone soon, had high doses of lope, any pwd?

Teds121

Greenlighter
I have searched and searched and haven't really found a solid answer.

I have been taking relatively high doses of imodium to keep my withdrawal from various RC opiates away, about a week now with lope doses every other day of about 50-80mg a day. It sort of turned into my maintenance drug :(

Around the 48 hour mark tomorrow since last lope dose of 80mg I plan to go on suboxone after I go in. Anyone think lope will cause precipitated wds?

It's possible as the Lope accumulates every day you take it having a 12 hour T1/2 and all. There will always be the "Lope doesn't cross the BBB" crowd but most of these people have never been on 60+mg for several days either. When the w/d's are stopped dead in their tracks by lope something is obviously going on centrally. I suppose I would treat the lope like a low dose of methadone and try to induce on a low dose of Buprenorphine to be able to determine if more is going to bring on rough PWD's.

This is a seemingly rare question so please give us a post induction report on how it effected you. Thanx

Yes high dose lope can lead to precipitated withdrawals. Wait three days using shorter half life if you can and need to