• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Going from 4 hydrocodone to 2 oxycodone

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
My Walgreens keeps running out of hydrocodone normally I just go without but this time my doctor supposed me with oxycodone but the thing is it's two 10mg oxycodone instead of 4 hydrocodone.

My issue is just one of maybe being such a drug addict. I'm so scared to take my pill and have it wear off because with hydrocodone I get 16 hours of coverage but oxycodone lasts 4 to six hours which is a coverage of 12 hours. But it's the same amount of pain medication even if it's less pills.

So I'm torturing myself waiting hours this morning to take my first pill. So instead taking a pain pill at six like I would with hydrocodone I take it at nine.

Just curious if my understanding of oxycodone is correct and if I took a pill early would it bother me when it wears off or is it possible that a double strength pill the oxycodone is double strength. If maybe it would still be in my system at eight hour? Even if the pills last 4-6 hours compared to my hydrocodone which is 3-4 hours.

I dunno I just want to take two pills a day and have it work all day life my normal pain medication does and wondered if anyone had anything to add to my thoughts. I use Google but these questions can't really be answered by Google. Thank you

Perhaps ask for Oxycodone XR ?

Oxycodone is much more potent and effective than Hydrocodone (although still an effective opioid analgesic)

Hydromorphone XR beads lasts a long time also. Although orally it has a very low bioavailability, a proper dose will still be effective and offer suitable pain relief, although can be moderately sedating

Dilaudid 2mg tablets (Hydromorphone IR) are great for breakthrough pain …..in combination with an XR capsule

Several options can be taken…..if you doc is open to options is another story.

The also have Methadone 5mg scored tablets, a potent opioid with a very long half-life 24h, although it’s prominent painkilling properties are 6-10 hours approximately. High oral bioavailability 80% and reaches peak serum levels in an hour. It’s stigmatized due to its usage for Heroin addicts, etc……but I take 80mg daily due to long term chronic pain

Methadone 5mg scored tablets can be broken in half and you can take 2.5mg in morning, the other half after lunch 1/2pm ish …..after a few days you could take the 5mg tablet whole and another in afternoon.

Again…your doc will only be comfortable prescribing what he or she feels familiar with

Best of luck

Ya he stuck me with condone with Tylenol I dunno it's the same amount of pain killer but I read it's weaker. But two weeks from now when I refill I'll try for the oxycodone xr.

He will give me whatever I want but the problem is he can't legally talk to the pharmacy so literly he just sends refill after refill until one gets filled so.
He stuck me with what he thought I could get.

Crazy Walgreens been out of hydrocodone and everyone else is low on it for over a month now. How is this legal? Duck