• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Going back to oxy after 3 years of subutex

neverending_k_hole

Greenlighter
So, as the title says, I've been on 8mg of subs daily for about 3.5 years now. Prior to that I've been using oxy (solely pharma, sealed) and ended up needing a minimum of ~100mg to get high.

I want to stop the subs and get back to using oxy, and without withdrawals.

I asked this question on Reddit and got 2 completely different responses: one person said it's hopeless and a bad idea -- that based on the 8mg of subs daily for almost 4 years, according to him I'd need 200mg of oxy daily (at least) just to not feel sick; ridiculous to even talk about getting high.

The other person said I just have to wait 3-4 days without subs until I feel sick, then I can start reintroducing oxy & see how it goes, and that I will feel high again at a certain point.

I tend to believe the first person; it's just that it's hard to accept I'm fucked. So I'm asking here too.

It would be good to hear from people who have direct experience with doing it, but any insight is appreciated.

You would have to take something of a break for your tolerance to drop to the point that you'd be able to get high from oxy again. I've tried. I have tried to go back to oxycodone and it didn't do shit for me. Shit even oxymorphone wouldn't get me high after long enough time on a stronger opioid, and I used to love that stuff, it would kick my ass.

I would just stay on the bupe. Are you on it to get off oxy, or get off of heroin/fent, or what? With that amount of time invested, maybe consider tapering off of opioids at this point. You'll feel a lot better. Most people don't want to hear it, but unless you have a script for oxy, all you're doing is going back to a life of not knowing whether you'll be sick or not day to day. You likely already know this, but that life fucking sucks.

If you're taking it for chronic pain, it might be a different story. But if you're on subs for maintenance, I would honestly just stay on them, or consider getting clean completely. It was amazing the drastic change in my life when I finally got off opioids after a decade on them daily.

you will be fine...the second person is correct.....will take some time to get high again but will bet better as each day passes...could take up to 2 weeks off the Suboxone to get a decent high...but try to get off both imo...coming off oxycodone is easier and I would def go that route.. good luck

I don’t know if this will work for you or not, just that it works for me, but:

I take 4 mg of sub everyday with kratom and sometimes opium, at that dosage, the bupe ADDS to the high, if I didn’t take the 4 mg, I found I was unable to get high on my previous dosage.

At a certain point, the bupe becomes more antagonistic and partial agonistic, before that, it’s a full agonist

Find your sub sweet spot like I did, that’s my advice

You should be able to take ATLEAST. 0.5 mg a day without feeling any precipitated withdrawals

I’m sure other people will disagree, but this is from my personal daily experience, I know it’s true.

That and your probably better off in the long run getting off of it, or just staying on the bupe, but I know if you want something, you’ll do it no matter what people say.

3 or 4 weeks after being clean of subs i scored 2gs of h and it was depresing :/ i could feel the high but nowere near my friends... at first i tought h is shit quality but seeing my friends get real fucked up praising it at the same time I figured my receptors are still fucked :/ and i only did bupe for a year

Taking oxy won't cause precipitated wd, you just won't get high.
This. I’m on the same dose of subs and I didn’t take them for like 5 days and started using oxy. I hardly felt shit. I was so disappointed that I just went back to my subs. And I tried using the oxys for like 2-3 days and nada.

I think it would work BUT you were taking a full 8mg daily for how long, about 3.5yrs? That's a lot of saturation. I can legit feel 2mg and how much it blocks, I rotate as much as possible bc my dumbass thinks the best idea is to use the subs for a get out of WD free card.

It will take time, maybe try it your way until your sick and go from there, otherwise you now have a chance to completely suffer from stopping subs completely or you can re introduce it to yourself if shit gets too wild when/if oxy doesn't phase it, then start small this time, 2mg preferred but 4mg probably more up your alley, as far as relief goes.

If it's low enough sometimes but usually not really..sometimes 40mg hydrocodone I can feel but usually a waste..Tramadol seems to work on top of subs for me that's about it besides adderall.
I forgot u take Kratom with subs I think those synergize good. Maybe that's the key for you feeling the oxy while on subs a d Kratom idk?