• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Glass Vial of #4 was Next to Space Heater, Powder Hardened Up, how to Recover It?

suspiciousinflation

Greenlighter
I left a vial with a couple grams of #4 next to a space heater by accident. It must have got very hot and the powder solidified and some now looks caramelized while some of the contents remained the proper light-gray color but hardened up.

In any case, it is no longer powder. But neither it is it a hard dry rock. It is not slimy but seems to have solidified with almost a moist consistency.

While I can scrape little bits out, I can't crush them into powder very easily. They sort of "squish" rather than "crunch".

Any idea what's going on? I insufflate so I want to get this back to a dry powder state.

I left a vial with a couple grams of #4 next to a space heater by accident. It must have got very hot and the powder solidified and some now looks caramelized while some of the contents remained the proper light-gray color but hardened up.

In any case, it is no longer powder. But neither it is it a hard dry rock. It is not slimy but seems to have solidified with almost a moist consistency.

While I can scrape little bits out, I can't crush them into powder very easily. They sort of "squish" rather than "crunch".

Any idea what's going on? I insufflate so I want to get this back to a dry powder state.
I'm no expert on H but could you liquify it then dry it out, or would that convert it to morphine?

Are you in black tar territory? (West or South Us) This sounds like how “gunpowder” would react in that sort of situation.

Not sure how you’d get it back to snorting consistency though.

-GC

I'm no expert on H but could you liquify it then dry it out, or would that convert it to morphine?

Yeah, that's my understanding. I would just put it in solution and dry it back out but I think it changes to morphine.

Are you in black tar territory? (West or South Us) This sounds like how “gunpowder” would react in that sort of situation.

Not sure how you’d get it back to snorting consistency though.

-GC

It's #4 powder for sure. Obviously some cut in there which may be causing this. I wouldn't have thought it would 'bake' into this form. I would have expected excess heat would just keep drying it and maybe burn it eventually.

You're probably going to have to wash it. How to go about that with #4 heroin I have no idea. I'm sure someone can chime in.

Dump it into a small container that has a lid on it. An old film canister or really small Tupperware container would work. Put a quarter or heavy coin inside with it and shake it hard. It should turn back into a powder.

I hit the vial with a heat gun and melted some out. It's cooled in this picture and still looks like melted brown sugar. Weird.

Last edited: