Work Give Us 2 Things You Love About Your Job and 2 Things You Hate

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I'll go first:

Hate:

Cunty clients
Sometimes working 12-14 hour days

Love:

Working from anywhere (home, face, country etc)
Sometimes only have 1-2 hours of work in a day and can take time off whenever I want.

love:

I love watching the progress of my crop/livestock and knowing that I helped it along its way.

I love producing something that Fuels the world. From hair dressers to billionaires everybody needs to eat. And I love that I am the person that did that.

hate:

I hate doing the burocracy surrounding farming. Most of it you can get around, but you need to keep up with the legislation. Some of it I get, like controll of substances hazardous to health and animal welfare, but I was going to do them anyway. Like I'm not going to store 20 tones of ammonium nitrate with my waste oil and I will try and ensure that my livestock are happy, healthy and properly fed. Not because the government told me to but because animals produce better meat when they aren't stressed (and I abhor animal cruelty) and I don't like being blown up.

I hate pig's attitude. They are arrogant, rude, too smart, mischievous bastards and destructive as all hell. I sware pig's just fuck with you because they find it funny, whenever I muck out the piglets they always manage to untie my shoe laces. Also they will just bite the fuck out of you for no reason, like wtf man I'm trying to give you food can you wait a minute.

Haha love the pig attitude!

Man, you've got to teach me some of this stuff when I take early retirement and live off the land.

Spend 100% of my life 'connected' to the internet, to people etc.

Once I hit my saving goal, I'm outta here to live off the land for the rest of my days. I say that now but after 2 days I think I'll have Starlink set up :kewl:

Haha love the pig attitude!

Man, you've got to teach me some of this stuff when I take early retirement and live off the land.

Spend 100% of my life 'connected' to the internet, to people etc.

Once I hit my saving goal, I'm outta here to live off the land for the rest of my days. I say that now but after 2 days I think I'll have Starlink set up :kewl:
I'd love too man, farming in the UK needs some new blood too. With farmers kids not going into the family business there's a shortage of new farmers and farm hands. I'd imagine its the same in the US, Asia and Australia.

I'd love too man, farming in the UK needs some new blood too. With farmers kids not going into the family business there's a shortage of new farmers and farm hands. I'd imagine its the same in the US, Asia and Australia.

Count me in man. See you in a few years!

Love:
  • The people I work with - literally all of them - are great. Everyone treats everyone with respect, people are casual and we joke around and talk shit and vent about our problems. My boss supports me being a musician on the side and has no problem with it when I work from a mobile hotspot from a car on the way to a gig
  • I get to embark on massive coding projects that are my ideas and I have complete freedom to develop as I see fit.
  • I get to work from home. Working from home revolutionized my life in so many ways. I'm very grateful for it.
  • Massive job security, because of how much my ideas are shaping the workflow of the company, and because I bridge the gap between the two sides of the business. I'm also the one person who can always figure out how to make a client's request happen
Hate:
  • Okay, not HATE, but I need to get paid more. My web platform is close to going into V1 production, and at that point I am going to have a sit-down with them and tell them what I am worth and say that I need that. I think they'll give it to me
  • I actually more or less love my job, as you can tell by my number of "loves". Okay, I also dislike the hours. Actually I dislike that the CEO decided not to spend the money to build out the development team, after I even interviewed 4 people and gave my recommendations, and that's why the hours are so much. Because I'm doing the work of a team. Granted, now I don't have to deal with other peoples' sloppy code. But I really do need a team. Right now I'm Lead Developer... of a team of one. But honestly, they could double my pay, and save money by not having to hire more programmers, and I'd be alright with it. I enjoy my work. But they couldn't ever hire someone to do what I'm doing and pay them what they're paying me right now.
  • Alright I guess there is something I come close to hating.

Love:
  • Getting to be outside most of the time in some of the most beautiful places in America
  • Being able to improve lands for the public to use for free

Hate:
  • Winters where I have to stay inside all day doing meaningless busy work on a computer
  • My commute

I love appreciative customers and good chats with some of my co-workers (I work at a grocery store)

I hate shitty customers and the absolute retards who cough in the air without covering their mouth. God that shit annoys me, but I work in a pretty dirty hick state.

Love...
💚 Being able to heal people on a natural level that other health professionals simply cannot do.
💚 Being in one of the most chill environments one could possibly work in all day.

Hate....
🚫 Pay rate (I work for another therapist who gets a cut and I get 100% gratuity)
🚫 Deshaun Watson and the NFL's reaction to his assaults. My profession is treated like a joke a lot of the time. Happy ending, anyone?

Massage therapist of over a decade 💆🏻‍♀️🤗

Last edited:
Love:
  • Being able to fix peoples internet, TV, and phone, and leaving the customer satisfied.
  • Very little oversight and great autonomy in how I do my job.
  • Getting to work outdoors and appreciate nature.
  • Lots of time driving so I get to listen to a lot of music.

Hate:
  • Every part of my job is monitored and collected and metrics are used to compare me to my coworkers. Some metrics are controllable others are not. This effects whether or not on your scorecard if you can get a bonus or a promotion.
  • When help is needed often my supervisor won't pick up and neither will other supervisors that are supposed to be "on-duty" and available to help until the last man in the team is taken care of and the job is completed.
  • CSR (customer service representatives) that do an insufficient job of screening calls that require a truck roll or not. I should not be dispatched to a full-service trouble call to replace batteries or change a TVs input. Or other issues that could be resolved over the phone.
  • Dispatchers have no idea how easy or difficult a job is and will continue to give you jobs that you must arrive between a one hour window even if the job you are on is very difficult and will take longer than the two hour trouble call window. Sometimes dispatch will give you two jobs in the same time slot, therefore making it impossible to arrive to one of the two jobs on time. Which counts against you.

I love the money and the hours .... hate my co workers and lack of managerial knowledge