• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Give me some of that KOOL AID FFS!!! This is why it's called a-c-i-d

Hi Hackedreality !

Why is (electric) Kool AID and the name "acid" connected? Just curious. :)

Hi Hackedreality !

Why is (electric) Kool AID and the name "acid" connected? Just curious. :)

I tried to make a joke...

There, in the states, you say 'drink the kool aid' to crazy people/ conspiracy theorists / cultish people etc...

you know, their distorted view of reality is easy to interpret as of now, when ones out of the situation.

But shit it made sense at the time, what if they were on acid the whole time?

I've learned more about psychiatry/myself/ therapy with 4 LSD trips (or whatever the fuck I've got.)

But I understand why they made L illegal though... it's like trying to cure cancer.

SO what does that say about me? or about the human condition in itself?

I guess I've got to wait till the next trip.

I see :)

I was just curious. Have you ever read "The Electric Kool Aid Acid Trip?" I think you'd find it interesting.

BTW Welcome to Bluelight :)

It's actually 'The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test' not 'trip', just in case you couldn't find what you were looking for. Tom Wolfe is the author.

And yes, the phrase 'drink the kool-aid' comes from the Jonestown Massacre where the whole cult drank cyanide laced kool-aid under the direction of their leader and promptly died. Hence its association with insanity/blindly-following things.

It's actually 'The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test' not 'trip', just in case you couldn't find what you were looking for. Tom Wolfe is the author.

You are quite correct ! I was under the influence of a Winter Solstice trip. I know I shouldn't have responded since the letters were melting off my screen. I've learned from my mistakes ;)

BTW the barrels of LSD laced Kool AID predated Jonestown by a bit of time :)

I prefer the earlier meaning as I have zero interest in dying yet.

Happy Trails to you!

^I hadn't heard as such about Kool aid being laced, though an old hippy told me they were passing around apple juice laced with acid at a Dead concert he went to in 69. I guess it's whatever juice they had handy 8)

BTW the barrels of LSD laced Kool AID predated Jonestown by a bit of time :)

Yipper, that is a good fact. Whenever I hear the term "people drink the kool aid" my mind goes to the Acid Tests. But the people at work are thinking Jonestown.

The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test is a must read. I think we were talking about this in another thread. :)

The Jonestown cult cheaped out and used Flavor-Aid, unless I'm mistaken. Not trying to nitpick, I just always found that morbidly humorous.

That aside, Kool-Aid used to be my favorite way to take shrooms as a teen. Always used grape, since it would come out rather grape-y regardless. Never put any LSD in Kool-Aid or any other beverage.