R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Girl i'm dating invited me out with her friends

rollsolo

Bluelighter
Hey all,

So I've been dating this girl I met several weeks ago upon coming back home from a long trip over the summer. Anyway we had our fourth date where she cooked dinner for me at her place over the weekend. Today (Wednesday) it's a nice day out so I asked what she was doing tonight. She happened to be working tonight but invited me out Saturday night with her friends for dinner and drinks. I'm working saturday till the evening but wondering if I should bail or attend lol. I really like the girl but prefer to just hang with her and get to know her a bit more before meeting her friends. However, I'm sure it won't really be a big deal if I met with her Saturday anyway. What's you guys take on this? Would you go, does she want to show me to her friends to get approval or something? I know when you jump into dating at some point things start to get serious. Us hooking up Saturday would be our firth time out together. Any help greatly appreciated.

Well, if she's invited you to meet her friends.... I'm sure she isn't embarrassed about you, so that should be a good sign.

Just relax buddy, go out with the her & her click, have a few drinks (but not too many) & have a good time :D

Don't over think it & just wing it, and make the best of it!

If it doesn't work, you'll find another gal :)

No Sweat My Man!

Sure, I'd go. I always enjoyed meeting my girlfriend's friends and social circle. Means she likes you and possibly sees it going somewhere. If things go well, they could become your friends too. It also means that instead of saying 'sorry, I'm busy', she's including you in her plans.

Unless you hate people and social situations, go, you'll enjoy it.

Thanks for chiming in. It should be a good time. How do you handle the night? Should I keep it chill and try to get to know her friends rather than being my dates shadow? I mean i imagine a scene where I'm across the room and we are staring each other down while talking to her friends in a social circle lol. Idk it sounds ridiculous asking such a question. I usually keep it chill and get to know everyone, ask questions and answers them when asked.

Thanks for chiming in. It should be a good time. How do you handle the night? Should I keep it chill and try to get to know her friends rather than being my dates shadow? I mean i imagine a scene where I'm across the room and we are staring each other down while talking to her friends in a social circle lol. Idk it sounds ridiculous asking such a question. I usually keep it chill and get to know everyone, ask questions and answers them when asked.

Definitely don't shadow! Like mentioned before, you'll look insecure. Get to know her friends and win them over as well as your lovely lady! If you lack social confidence & you're not socially competent... That's no problem. Just be a gentleman, listen to everyone, keep your vibe positive, keep your speaking short & sweet, and be a little up beat. If you get a negative vibe from one of her friends or she tries to belittle you, just make a joke of it & keep treating her with respect. You're most confident men don't get emotionally raddled up. They're the true studs. I'm telling you man.

Women of "the party" will approve of you most definitely! You don't have to be a social butterfly or an alpha. Just embrace your good qualities in yourself & the folks in the party as well. You'll do great! I believe in RollSolo!

And if her friends think you're cool (their opinion will be very important to her), then you're all set! Hopefully it'll be a bit longer before meeting the parents though...

Thanks to all for chiming in. Claire09 I'm glad you shared your prospective on it. Teabag Johnny I appreciate all the gratitude lol. I'm sure it's going to be a good time.

Definitely don't shadow! Like mentioned before, you'll look insecure. Get to know her friends and win them over as well as your lovely lady! If you lack social confidence & you're not socially competent... That's no problem. Just be a gentleman, listen to everyone, keep your vibe positive, keep your speaking short & sweet, and be a little up beat. If you get a negative vibe from one of her friends or she tries to belittle you, just make a joke of it & keep treating her with respect. You're most confident men don't get emotionally raddled up. They're the true studs. I'm telling you man.

Women of "the party" will approve of you most definitely! You don't have to be a social butterfly or an alpha. Just embrace your good qualities in yourself & the folks in the party as well. You'll do great! I believe in RollSolo!

Thanks all for chiming in on this. On a side not me meeting her friends will be the 5th time together. I don't text her much because I'm not very good at that stuff. I also don't like talking on the phone much either, so year I prefer the texting. I think she's been contacting me a bit more that I do her. At this point in our datingsphere do I need to be reaching out to her regularly? For instance It's Friday, I'm busy and won't be going out tonight as I'm working on a short film (edit). Should I reach out to her and say hey how's it going or just wait until tomorrow when I see her and her friends?

^ i think you are hugely overthinking this. stop planning and analysing and second-guessing. what do you want to do? do that.

alasdair

Go for it. Meeting new people and making connections is always great.

Thanks, I think I'll just get a bottle of wine and show up. I don't see the need to call her and ask what to bring. I also don't intend to drink tomorrow. I believe if we're hanging out especially with her girlfriends I need to be responsible and bring her home. I'm thinking of staying sober, opting for tea or coffee and enjoying the evening/night.

Instead of flowers, bring something for the table. Wine, dessert... Ask her if she'd like anything since she is hosting. A lot of times dessert is very welcome... one less thing for them to worry about.

Don't sweat it man, just go with it. At least you will be able to understand her friends..

I was dating a Hungarian girl while i was abroad.. and she would often invite me out with her friends, while i would usually be speaking English to one or two of them.. the group conversation was been spoken in Hungarian as some of her friends only knew very basic English, so i was often out of the loop.. but it was a fun experience.

I agree with a lot of the above posts.
Definitely go if you're interested. Maybe she just wants to do something different. Also, people generally want a potential partner to fit in with their group of friends. Maybe she wants to see how that goes. I mean, why not? She likes you, she likes her friends, everyone should hang out!
And it's always nice to show up with a little something. I wouldn't like flowers in that situation but wine and dessert are both great ideas! Personally, I always love baking things. BUT, if you don't bake (that's just something I always do because I'm pretty good at it lol) then just show that you wanted to bring something and some wine or some food is always good.

Hey all,

The night went great... Showed up a little late but had dinner with her friend and boyfriend. We all connected very well and I wasn't nervous at all. The boyfriend was really cool and we work in a parallel industry and share common interest. I kept it chill and only had one drink while everyone else was partying it up. I still engaged and had a blast. I think things are moving in the right direction. At some point I'll introduce her to my circle but no rush on that.