• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

GHB synthesis

ILLUSION

Bluelighter
I was reading over the synthesis for G and i'm wondering how many of you tried it. Is it fairly easy? And how hard are the precursors to come by. And any helpful tips any of you might have just let me know.

It's more than fairly easy. As far as drug cooking goes it is thee easiest. Honetsly, it gets no easier.
You only need GBL (gamma-butyrolactone), NaOH (sodium hydroxide), and water. Red Devil Lye is often used as the NaOH source. GBL has become pretty difficult to get especially if you're in the US. It's been scheduled in many states and I believe that federally it has become a Listed prescursor. Look for an overseas source.
And any helpful tips any of you might have just let me know.
Here's the best tip I can think of: What method have you been looking at? There's a pretty comman web recipe for GHB that calls for vinegar or lemmon juice. This is complete bullshit. The purpose of using these is to react any unreacted NaOH so the the pH is balanced. This makes no sense. If the pH is too basic meaning that there is unreacted NaOH simply add more GBL so that all of the base has reacted. By adding Vineagar or lemmon juice you are essentially cutting your product with an unwanted salt.

Note: I haven't made any
Basically add the NaOH and GBL together to create GHB.
Use litmus paper (from the pool store) to check that that it is neutral. ie. not too much acidic GBL or caustic NaOH => unreacted chemicals
Too acidic => gradually add more NaHO
Too caustic=> neutralise with vinegar (acetic acid) or lemon juice.

Too caustic=> neutralise with vinegar (acetic acid) or lemon juice.
No. That's wrong. If the pH is too high add more GBL. The added GBL will react with the unreacted NaOH and neutralize the solution. It's makes no sense to neutralize the NaOH with another acid when it reacts well with GBL to form more NaGHB. By throwing other acids into the mix your gonna end up with unwanted salts.

One note...keep the pH in the neutral zone, but relatively basic. I've settled on 7.6 as a good figure. Less than that and some of the lactone remains unreacted and the taste is unpleasant. NaGHB by itself is not that bad tasting. Try using KOH instead of NaOH for an even milder taste. GHB doesn't have to taste bad. Oh, you can also use citric acid instead of GBL for the titration as it makes a kind of citrusy-tasting salt that actually masks a bit of the GHB taste. Your mileage may vary. You can then add a bit of flavoring (vanilla or peppermint oil).
------------------
Death. Inevitable. If death was inevitable, what was left? Style. Only style.

If your solution is *TO* basic then add more GBL, if it's to acidic then add more NaOH (solution) .. if you read up and take your time then you will have a decent end product - take yer time with it!
Also make sure you use GLASS and not METAL for all yer rxn's ..
GBL is getting a bit hard to come by, and it is a listed precursor in the US - you can be charged with intent to manufacture if you get caught ordering GBL and have so much as a recipe for GHB bookmarked - people have gone down for less...
Given that it's a listed precursor, I would be weary of any source within the US who is offering it at a to-good-to-be-true price.. (read: expect to pay a lot if yer in the states) ..
Sources state that you can get small amounts from anyone who is in the business of making electronic circuit boards .. look around..
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"