• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc GHB Question

Brenner

Bluelighter
Hi All,

Question regarding GHB experience since its completely new to me. This is for recreational purposes.

So I have some (what I assume is) GHB powder, which is more like a white wax that's solid at room temp but melts easily in warm water. If there's a way to test what I've got is actually GHB and not something else then I'm opened to suggestions, it was sold as GHB though. I'm around 80KGs, athletic build, BF % probably in the low teens. I did read somewhere that GHB works best on an empty stomach but unfortunately this isn't an option for me since I eat a meal every 2-3 hours (no way round this sorry).

Dosage:

19:30 - had fairly large balanced meal circa 600 calories (which is unavoidable, can't go too long without food)
20:00 - 1.1G GHB powder (wax) measured out using MG scales and dissolved into 100ML warm water and drank
20:45 - feeling some affects, almost like being slightly tipsy off alcohol, but only slightly. Its not quite the same experience but I'd say about the same as a couple of beers. took another 500MG in 100ML water at this point.
21:45 - effects have pretty much worn off now. Went to bed, had a bit of an odd nights sleep, most REM sleep with very little deep sleep.

Does this sound normal to anyone? I was a little disappointed with how short the duration of the effects were. I err'd on the side of caution with the initial dosage to be honest being new to this, i'm thinking of trying 2G in the same scenario and seeing how it goes. My info came from this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/80348-GHB-1-4B

Any advice on experiences appreciated, all in the interest of harm reduction of course. What i'm looking to do here is figure out the required dosage for a night out (obviously staying well clear of any alcohol or other drugs) and subsequent re-doses and timings (being careful not to KO myself).

Brenner

No-one has any experience with GHB?? Have I posted in the correct forum?

I have experience with G and the chemistry from a past life. ;)

What you likely have, assuming it's not a wholly other type of chemical altogether, if it melts when heated double boiled is a hypersaturated solution of GHB in water. If you mean you can melt the stuff by putting it in water directly, then it's not melting but dissolving INTO the warm water, which says nothing except that it's a water-soluble material.
Ah reading on I see you mention dissolving it.

GHB in solid form is notorious for being hygroscopic: it attracts water from the air like its a drying agent, and becomes wet/soggy from that, and importantly: it gets heavier. So basically it can get diluted by the water and decreasingly potent over time. So protect it from moisture that is naturally present in air.
If you have a wax it's either GHB that was never really dried properly when it was made cause its a bitch to get all the water out. It's not even best practice anyway IMO, it's best kept in watery solution at a certain concentration that is considered a standard concentration - which is near the saturation point - with a normal dose of about 4 ml.
The other possibility is that you have powder GHB that has attracted water until it once again became waxy.

Potency is difficult to measure easily at home IMO, unless you know exactly what its made from and how much (usually GBL). So not really knowing how strong it is, people typically titrate meaning trying very very little and going a reasonably small step up each time until it works. You have already found an active level it seems.

Yes your effects sound normal, and indeed it only works for a few hours.

It's important that your GHB stays the same potency so that you can rely on measuring it. Also to avoid KO it's key to realize that going above a certain dose, the margin of error for OD suddenly becomes very small - so the higher you go in dose and testing effect, the slower you go: the smaller your steps should be going up.

G becomes pretty sedating if you take relatively high doses, so for going out you wouldn't really want to go near that tricky dosage area anyway - usually about half of that kind of dose is enough and makes you much more uppity (it acts on different receptors in the brain at lower doses compared to higher).
The other thing to learn to work with though is timing of redosing so that there is not so much overlap that for a brief time you have too much G acting and you pass out. Either wait sufficiently long so that there isn't any overlap, or especially with more experience - just take a dose of about 3/4 your initial dose with the right timing for a smooth continuation of effect.

It's mostly dangerous to fall and/or lay down not being able to breathe correctly or choking on your vomit. ODing in itself isn't usually that dangerous if you lay in a safety position, but the indirect danger is honestly serious enough!!!!

So if I were you I would test a few things for yourself: one is that territory where you get very woozy and basically feel like you should not take more. I'm not saying find that exact threshold, but go high enough to feel that you are quite near it. Do all of that at home taking safety precautions preferably with someone present. If you go out the effects can be stronger because of "setting based tolerance", when you are doing exciting things, drug effects can be more intense cause you mentally potentiate them. And also because your body/mind is not in a situation it's used to - when you are used to a situation like doing it at home your body counteracts the drug physically in preparation of taking the drug even a small period before you take the drug. This anticipation cannot happen as much in a situation you are not used to.

Anyway, then choose what is a lower-moderate dose that makes you uppity NOT woozy, and time how long it works and when you basically feel its not doing much or anything anymore. Check if you can take that same dose around that time without getting in a woozy territory, otherwise take 3/4 of that dose.

In other words learn where the boundaries are, and how to safely avoid them at a distance if you are not at home. Don't skirt the edge knowing where it is... in time you probably learn to dose going on your experience, especially if you keep track and if youre smart.

Good luck - and know that its addictive stuff, not as harmless as the lack of hangover (on the contrary imo) would lead you to believe. I've been hooked on it with a few very long binges / continuous use, but I haven't taken it for years now.

Another thing is to never start taking higher doses because you don't get much out of it anymore after a while of frequent use. Just take a break from it if that happens. Taking higher doses because of tolerance can be VERY dangerous.

Last edited:
I have experience with G and the chemistry from a past life. ;)

What you likely have, assuming it's not a wholly other type of chemical altogether, if it melts when heated double boiled is a hypersaturated solution of GHB in water. If you mean you can melt the stuff by putting it in water directly, then it's not melting but dissolving INTO the warm water, which says nothing except that it's a water-soluble material.
Ah reading on I see you mention dissolving it.

GHB in solid form is notorious for being hygroscopic: it attracts water from the air like its a drying agent, and becomes wet/soggy from that, and importantly: it gets heavier. So basically it can get diluted by the water and decreasingly potent over time. So protect it from moisture that is naturally present in air.
If you have a wax it's either GHB that was never really dried properly when it was made cause its a bitch to get all the water out. It's not even best practice anyway IMO, it's best kept in watery solution at a certain concentration that is considered a standard concentration - which is near the saturation point - with a normal dose of about 4 ml.
The other possibility is that you have powder GHB that has attracted water until it once again became waxy.

Potency is difficult to measure easily at home IMO, unless you know exactly what its made from and how much (usually GBL). So not really knowing how strong it is, people typically titrate meaning trying very very little and going a reasonably small step up each time until it works. You have already found an active level it seems.

Yes your effects sound normal, and indeed it only works for a few hours.

It's important that your GHB stays the same potency so that you can rely on measuring it. Also to avoid KO it's key to realize that going above a certain dose, the margin of error for OD suddenly becomes very small - so the higher you go in dose and testing effect, the slower you go: the smaller your steps should be going up.

G becomes pretty sedating if you take relatively high doses, so for going out you wouldn't really want to go near that tricky dosage area anyway - usually about half of that kind of dose is enough and makes you much more uppity (it acts on different receptors in the brain at lower doses compared to higher).
The other thing to learn to work with though is timing of redosing so that there is not so much overlap that for a brief time you have too much G acting and you pass out. Either wait sufficiently long so that there isn't any overlap, or especially with more experience - just take a dose of about 3/4 your initial dose with the right timing for a smooth continuation of effect.

It's mostly dangerous to fall and/or lay down not being able to breathe correctly or choking on your vomit. ODing in itself isn't usually that dangerous if you lay in a safety position, but the indirect danger is honestly serious enough!!!!

So if I were you I would test a few things for yourself: one is that territory where you get very woozy and basically feel like you should not take more. I'm not saying find that exact threshold, but go high enough to feel that you are quite near it. Do all of that at home taking safety precautions preferably with someone present. If you go out the effects can be stronger because of "setting based tolerance", when you are doing exciting things, drug effects can be more intense cause you mentally potentiate them. And also because your body/mind is not in a situation it's used to - when you are used to a situation like doing it at home your body counteracts the drug physically in preparation of taking the drug even a small period before you take the drug. This anticipation cannot happen as much in a situation you are not used to.

Anyway, then choose what is a lower-moderate dose that makes you uppity NOT woozy, and time how long it works and when you basically feel its not doing much or anything anymore. Check if you can take that same dose around that time without getting in a woozy territory, otherwise take 3/4 of that dose.

In other words learn where the boundaries are, and how to safely avoid them at a distance if you are not at home. Don't skirt the edge knowing where it is... in time you probably learn to dose going on your experience, especially if you keep track and if youre smart.

Good luck - and know that its addictive stuff, not as harmless as the lack of hangover (on the contrary imo) would lead you to believe. I've been hooked on it with a few very long binges / continuous use, but I haven't taken it for years now.

Another thing is to never start taking higher doses because you don't get much out of it anymore after a while of frequent use. Just take a break from it if that happens. Taking higher doses because of tolerance can be VERY dangerous.

That is a fantastic write up, thank you very much for taking the time and effort. I'll try about 1.6 - 1.7g tonight and see how I go. Its tricky for me to say why it appears to be a wax as I don't want to compromise the vendors stealth :)

No problem, all I could say about that is that it's obvious that wax may have different or less challenge when mailed.
But this may not apply to you, and I'm personally happy that it is all a past life for me. But I had great times with it, could have done without the bouts of abuse, but its wonderful when treated with utmost care and respect.
You are no exception by the way, whatever you read about dangers they all apply to you. Most people think they generally have a great grip on things, but fail to realize if they overestimate themselves the same way a lot of teenagers consider themselves 'very mature for their age'.

And don't forget: Mr. Miyagi says "wax on wax off"

No problem, all I could say about that is that it's obvious that wax may have different or less challenge when mailed.
But this may not apply to you, and I'm personally happy that it is all a past life for me. But I had great times with it, could have done without the bouts of abuse, but its wonderful when treated with utmost care and respect.
You are no exception by the way, whatever you read about dangers they all apply to you. Most people think they generally have a great grip on things, but fail to realize if they overestimate themselves the same way a lot of teenagers consider themselves 'very mature for their age'.

And don't forget: Mr. Miyagi says "wax on wax off"

No problem at all. Out of curiosity what negative effects did you notice with both short term and long term use? I'll probably be using this once every 3-4 weeks (night out kind of thing once I've figured out dosage etc). Alcohol doesn't sit well with me at all so this is a welcome alternative for the odd night I go out.

Short term use felt relatively refreshening for me, with long term use I just started to feel cracked out and much more aware of the going-ups and going-downs. The effects during taking the drug got more "rough around the edges", just not as smooth but more serious and narcotic while on it and difficult when not.

As a party drug every now and then it should be fine, but if you pursue the effects of 'easy functioning / being very passionate or productive etc' then it becomes increasingly tricky and you get worn out.

You might now plan on using it for parties only and possibly you will only keep it for just that, but it wouldn't be untypical to let your guard down and use the effects of G improving other things in your life. Of course this also depends on whether you are a person to cross boundaries including those of other people, even just random people being around you while you are on it.
I never felt for example that alcohol would be reasonable to abuse like I did G, I know you just get noticeably drunk - but on moderate dose G, I just felt like a better version of myself in many ways without downsides.

Just know that it does have downsides and that it isn't to be used like that.

On the other hand, I get prescribed pregabalin now and have also used phenibut... those are both very different drugs that block calcium channels (VDCC's) and can in my opinion also make you feel loose and able and act and move a little drunk-ish. So that is apparently what I eventually found to loosen me up, while being responsible. (It's not simply that I am stuck-up - at ALL - but I can get hung-up easily on many things making it easier to live if I can smoothen stuff out. Its my condition)

Don't take it too often or too much and you should be fine. 24/7 dosing or taking unknown doses (1 cap isn't a useful measurement) is what gets people in trouble.

good Ghb u will notice onset within 20 minutes, there will be a pronounced euphoria..you wont just feel a little tipsy, with ghb you will feel a very noticeable mood and energy boost, u will feel much more social and very horny...the best thing is, on ghb you dont feel dumb or slow like with alcohol, your senses almost feel sharper on ghb, words will flow and you dont repeat yourself ad nauseam..

the good and bad of ghb is duration..u can expect at the longest for it to last 3 hours but the peak effects will last you a good hour and a half..keep use to once a day at max and u will be fine..

No-one has any experience with GHB?? Have I posted in the correct forum?

I have experience with it but very limited, and I don't feel confident enough to give you advice.

I found the drug extremely addictive though, and am thankful not to have regular access to it.

Short term use felt relatively refreshening for me, with long term use I just started to feel cracked out and much more aware of the going-ups and going-downs. The effects during taking the drug got more "rough around the edges", just not as smooth but more serious and narcotic while on it and difficult when not.

As a party drug every now and then it should be fine, but if you pursue the effects of 'easy functioning / being very passionate or productive etc' then it becomes increasingly tricky and you get worn out.

You might now plan on using it for parties only and possibly you will only keep it for just that, but it wouldn't be untypical to let your guard down and use the effects of G improving other things in your life. Of course this also depends on whether you are a person to cross boundaries including those of other people, even just random people being around you while you are on it.
I never felt for example that alcohol would be reasonable to abuse like I did G, I know you just get noticeably drunk - but on moderate dose G, I just felt like a better version of myself in many ways without downsides.

Just know that it does have downsides and that it isn't to be used like that.

On the other hand, I get prescribed pregabalin now and have also used phenibut... those are both very different drugs that block calcium channels (VDCC's) and can in my opinion also make you feel loose and able and act and move a little drunk-ish. So that is apparently what I eventually found to loosen me up, while being responsible. (It's not simply that I am stuck-up - at ALL - but I can get hung-up easily on many things making it easier to live if I can smoothen stuff out. Its my condition)

i agree, keep ghb for weekend parties only..its just so damn easy to take a dose after a hard day at work or after a hard workout..then it feels amazing..or maybe when u need a push to mow the yard?ghb makes everything more enjoyable..

good Ghb u will notice onset within 20 minutes, there will be a pronounced euphoria..you wont just feel a little tipsy, with ghb you will feel a very noticeable mood and energy boost, u will feel much more social and very horny...the best thing is, on ghb you dont feel dumb or slow like with alcohol, your senses almost feel sharper on ghb, words will flow and you dont repeat yourself ad nauseam..

the good and bad of ghb is duration..u can expect at the longest for it to last 3 hours but the peak effects will last you a good hour and a half..keep use to once a day at max and u will be fine..

Hmm that's interesting, I don't think I really feel any euphoria when I take this stuff, just tipsy a little like alcohol but not quite the same. I'm beginning to wonder if it is actually GHB but there appears to be no way to test it...

Hmm that's interesting, I don't think I really feel any euphoria when I take this stuff, just tipsy a little like alcohol but not quite the same. I'm beginning to wonder if it is actually GHB but there appears to be no way to test it...

i dont know anything about the 'synth' aspect but most of my friends and myself always experienced a nice euphoria..i do remember 1-2 people that just didnt respond to it that well for whatever reason..they took same dosages as us but they would just feel a slight mood boost and then tired or dizzy..Ghb is the omega to me though, it really fits into my brain perfectly so..

i dont know anything about the 'synth' aspect but most of my friends and myself always experienced a nice euphoria..i do remember 1-2 people that just didnt respond to it that well for whatever reason..they took same dosages as us but they would just feel a slight mood boost and then tired or dizzy..Ghb is the omega to me though, it really fits into my brain perfectly so..

Hmm, maybe its a dose thing. The most I've taken so far at once is 1.7g. I'll continue to experiment in small increments.

i agree, keep ghb for weekend parties only..its just so damn easy to take a dose after a hard day at work or after a hard workout..then it feels amazing..or maybe when u need a push to mow the yard?ghb makes everything more enjoyable..

well you have said you can take it every night as long as its only one dose so wheres the harm in taking it in those situations you state too as long as it was only one dose?

well you have said you can take it every night as long as its only one dose so wheres the harm in taking it in those situations you state too as long as it was only one dose?

well u maintain the real magic if you only dose 1-2 times a week as compared to once a day..granted i still felt nice after my daily dose it didnt compare to how i used to feel years prior when i only dosed on fri/sat nights..

well u maintain the real magic if you only dose 1-2 times a week as compared to once a day..granted i still felt nice after my daily dose it didnt compare to how i used to feel years prior when i only dosed on fri/sat nights..

Out of curiosity what dosage did you use on fri / sat nights?

Out of curiosity what dosage did you use on fri / sat nights?

lol 1 and a half capfuls..of a water bottle, id take the cap off and pour 1 and half capfuls...no idea what actual dosage it was..really strong salty taste