• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin GFs first H habit

Thanks for everyone's responses. Yeah I think she realised she was at a crossroads. I can't predict her future, but I hope she never touches an opiate again and of course her use coincided with a lapse on my part.
I very much have drilled into her the misery it's caused me, and I'm pretty sure she's finished with it. We all know how it goes, though...
That's sounding pretty encouraging mate, but you've got to stress to her that if she starts down that route again, it won't be as easy next time. My first rattle was 10 days of misery, but I still managed to go to work every day and it did eventually end. That's when my addict brain kicked in and said "that wasn't as bad as I was expecting, I reckon I could handle that again". So I went and scored. Never lasted longer than three days after that.

Is she still messing with codeine?
She's a bit too scared of accidenti poisoning herself to do the CWEs herself, and I won't be doing any more more more more for her, so I don't think she'll be do any more codeine either.
Hopefully that's that for the codeine now. Thyg

did you CT?
If you consider stopping some opiod without help of some other opiod, yes. Even years long morphine habit and with other stuff I was using it wasn’t nearly as bad as I expected, well it was bad but it didn’t last long. And before that more than a few times I stopped various opiods used for about a month with help of nothing but a lot of weed and can’t say I really suffered than, more like OP’s girl thought how it ain’t bad/hard at all, ofc if I had used at that occasions for not much longer I would have discovered how real opiod WD feels. But I don’t want to even imagine how it would feel to stop years long bupe habit and cuz of all horror stories I heard from people who experience WD from both H and bupe I don’t ever intend to get in that situation. Also from my experience with stopping bupe after pretty short time at quite small doses it was followed by depression, anxiety, insomnia and all kinds of bad feelings lasting so long and of intensity totally unproprtional compared to it’s effects, if it wasn’t so I would maybe even consider bupe for my pain as I’m one of those who get quite good pain relief from it.

Yea I wil agree stopping Oxy cold turkey isn't that bad and its just having the hot cold flashes and low energy and general feeling of shit. Although every time before my most rest 3 day break, I would end up in the ER with stomach issue and that has only happened when I am taking fent pills, all oral. So what confuses me is I am almost 100% that all my stuff is real oxy, so why did the most recent 3 day break was like a walk in the park to past times where I was violently puking and had to go to the er.

Usage was the same at both times but maybe the most recent time I had reduced my usage by maybe half for a week prior

Where I live (Vancouver Canada), a medically accepted solution to this problem would be to transition to either buprenorphine (for the long term) or methadone (for either long term usage, or a very slow taper).
In fact, in some cases doctors will actually prescribe daily dispensing of e.g. 10 x 8mg hydromorphone HCl pills, usually the formulation with only lactose and hydromorphone, which are officially for oral use but everyone understands are widely used via snorting or IV injection,
Usually these are done after people have failed to detox on their own and have a pattern of relapse - it was judged to be an overall safer and kinder system than forcing abstinence on every user.

Where I live (Vancouver Canada), a medically accepted solution to this problem would be to transition to either buprenorphine (for the long term) or methadone (for either long term usage, or a very slow taper).
In fact, in some cases doctors will actually prescribe daily dispensing of e.g. 10 x 8mg hydromorphone HCl pills, usually the formulation with only lactose and hydromorphone, which are officially for oral use but everyone understands are widely used via snorting or IV injection,
Usually these are done after people have failed to detox on their own and have a pattern of relapse - it was judged to be an overall safer and kinder system than forcing abstinence on every user.
Wow man, that's great. I'd be a snorting hydro all day if I lived in Canada. In the UK it's subutex, methadone or fuck all. Not sure if there's still certain areas that dish out the diamorphine if you fail badly with methadone, but I know there used to be.

Anyway she is still opiate free and I really think she's done. I think she did end up having a mild withdrawal as she had cold sweats and insomnia, but the BDO helped out I think