• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet Getting the most out of DMAE and choline supps

hellspawn1

Bluelighter
I've experimented with cognition boosters, in this case alpha-GPC (a type of choline) and DMAE

I've noticed that the choline supplement alone gives me brainfog, whereas when I take only DMAE I get depressed.

However, when taking together (or actually 30 minutes apart, first alpha-GPC then DMAE) I get a great energy boost and clearmindedness for some reason.

This leads me to believe that I might have some choline transporter issue (being that I have brainfog and fatigue pretty often) but the above combo reverses this,
but only for a couple of hours. Also I build tolerance quickly, so I only use the combo every now and then to keep reaping its benefits.

What's the mechanism behind this? And is there a similar way to gain more lasting effects from the above combo, using something else?

I eat very healthy, exercise on a regular basis and only enjoy alcohol or other recreational drugs a few times per year.

I briefly read that DMAE is implicate in the methylation cycle. Something for you to investigate.

i don't know anything about neuroscience i'm afraid, but i don't think there is a way to get lasting benefits. i asked a neuroscientist friend if he could design me drugs i'd never build a tolerance to and he said something along the lines of: your body is designed to maintain homeostasis, so when you do something to affect that, it will gradually work towards getting back to its normal state. that is tolerance, its part of the normal functioning of the brain and not something easily avoidable with current technology.

best thing to do is what you're doing- using sparingly.

what lifestyle changes have you tried to address your brain fog and fatigue? it sounds dumb but are you sleeping, eating, and exercising appropriately? i find meditation massively help my concentration if i do it every day, even just 10 mins.